TT on a 987 flop A turn, river shove on a blank

In every session I play I make at least 20 bad errors.

2/5 (2800 deep)

1 Limper
TT in MP I make it 25,

Lag in MP flats,

Flop 987r

I bet 50

Lag Calls

Turn A

I make it 125

Lag flats

River 3

I make it 75

Lag shoves for 415 more.

Comments

• [FONT=&quot]check and call river maybe. i would probably check and fold, but i am a nit lol. lag could have floated flop and hit his A on the turn. or he could be slowplaying a straight. i do not think he has a set as just calling flop and turn do not make sense. he could also have had A rag and just called the flop with one pair and turned two pair. unless he is pushing with complete air, i think he has you beat here.
    [/FONT]
  • Explain the purpose of your bet on the river.

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Explain the purpose of your bet on the river.

Yea, this.

Villain has repped relative strength and wasn't really interested in your turn bet.

You have 2 of his potential range in your hand so it's unlikely to be 9/10 8/10, etc.

I assume river bet is a bluff? You're not getting too many value calls here and a paired 6 is certainly folding.
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    Explain the purpose of your bet on the river.

I beat him into the pot.

I fast roll, "One Pair" I say.
  • then it 'worked'

congrats
  • I show TT

Villain doesn't show.
  • and the error here is?
  • I should not have snap called.

I should have at least thought about it.

Had you thought about it, you likely would have folded. You ran into one of the few bluffs in his range.
  • If you bet weak to entice a shove from a lag you should fist pump snap call. No need to think about it as you already did that before the bet. Right?

• But I think the error was in your plan. You got lucky IMO.

I did see this play executed to perfection by the best player I have ever sat at the table with. He didn't fist pump or high five the table. He just calmly called and tabled the nuts. It was a beautiful thing.

+1. I used to make the blunder of snap calling an all-in without the nuts. I see a lot of players insta-call an all-in, then get mad at themselves for not even thinking about it first.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is Tapatalk worth using for this forum and 2+2? I've been using the Facebook app so far to give real-time poker updates.
  • I just down loaded the tapatalk app, and I like it. Try it out, you may like it too.
  • Aside from originally setting up this account, I have only ever viewed this forum through tapatalk. I love it, although I don't think 2+2 is on tapatalk, at least last I checked.
  • Epilog,

Very next hand villain buys in for $400 and donks it off and then leaves the table.