Tournament Poker Book ...

That is right dave ANOTHER post by me. Some would accuse me of padding my posting statistics. But I see it was getting valuable information for free with a bonus at the end. ;)

Following up my "i stink at tournament" thread I have decided I am going to try to read the best tournament poker book available. Unfortunately, I do not know what it is.

Currently I owe the Sklansky Advanced tournament poker book and some book by Buntjer with a computerized font on the front (I don't remember what it was called). Somewhere I have McEnvoy's tournament poker (the red one) but not sure where it is ... I think the professor swindled it.

What do you think is the best? What is the best way to improve my multi-table game? Any advice would be helpful ... and I will tell you how helpful once I read your response!

Thanks in advance!
.kw

Comments

• In order of importance to me:

(1) Sklansky Tournament Poker. The better I feel about my own abilities and the more savvy I become the more I like the book. In short, I think this book is brilliant. There are many VERY smart things in it. I didn't get it at first though.

(2) D.R. Sherer's tournament book. The simplest explanation of a POWERFUL approach to tournament play.

(3) Buntjer's tournament book. Also a good explanation of tournament play.

I am not fond of McEvoy since I find it has very little real content. A lot of broad general statements, nothing concrete enough for me (codicil: It was the ONLY book I studied prior to playing the 1998 $1500 7-stud/8 tournament and I managed 5th place having never played the game before that day so it can't ba all bad).

McEvoy and Cloutier Tournament practice hands is pretty good too.
  • That is good because I am reading the sklansky book for the first time. A lot of the concepts (so far) are ones my friends and I talk about ... minimizing risk by avoiding slight positive situations for the potential for bigger ones down the road.

I will let you know when I run into problems. Thanks for your quick response! (I mean you are no scotty, but hey not bad!)