PLO preflop 3bet calling

i think one of my weaknesses is knowing when to call preflop 3bets vs. folding (i think i'm okay with my 4bet range). i think i'm calling too light in general but i'm not sure.

since i'm mostly playing zoom at the moment, i feel that opponents 3betting are almost always showing up with AAxx and KKxx. if the 3bet is from a reg than i can usually add some higher drawing hands. in general, i don't mind calling because if the flop misses AAxx i have a decent shot at stealing it. also, even if an A does hit i know they'll be married to the hand if i happen to flop a monster.

however, i'm also finding that this is leading me to fold to a lot of flop bets when i completely miss as villain is cbetting pretty much every flop. maybe that's just the nature of the beast in PLO, but idk.

i'd really appreciate some general advice from the PLO experts as to your 3bet calling ranges/percentages. i'm assuming you are usually only calling 3bets in position. maybe it's easier to tell me when i should be folding to a 3bet.

Comments

• How deep...what % of your total stack is the 3 bet?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    How deep...what % of your total stack is the 3 bet?

100 BB stacks. 3bet is about 10% of total stack.
  • trigs wrote: »
    100 BB stacks. 3bet is about 10% of total stack.

specifically, the 3bet tends to be closer to 12% of total stack. (for example, $5 buy-in; SB $0.02 + BB $0.05 + my pot raise of $0.17 = villain's 3bet repot of $0.58).

if villain is short (like 50BBs or less) i tend to be a bit tighter as trying to out flop them isn't as lucrative.

if villain and myself are both big stacked (150BBs+), i am usually a little looser as the potential to win a monster is increased.

sometimes when i'm playing on my phone i'll short stack because i'm too lazy to go click through the buttons to reload all the time, but on my laptop i'm automatically topping up to 100BBs, so i'm not too concerned about me playing with a short stack.