2014 PCA Trip Report

Heading out to the Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure in beautiful Paradise Island, Bahamas next Thursday with Pkrfce9 (Greg). Plan to keep this thread updated with our trip report. Not sure if we can compete with the likes of Blondefish and his recent Playground TP, but we will try out best.

Anyone else heading down? Currently 27 degrees in Nassau :)

http://www.pokerstarscaribbeanadventure.com/

Comments

• Couple cool freerolls Pokerstars is running this year on twitter and Facebook.

Win a seat in the $5,000 PCA Last Longer freeroll - PokerStarsBlog.com
  • Good luck to you.

I won a package. Will be heading to Bahamas on Jan 7th (playing day 1b). Can't wait.

Won a package, played, and min cashed in the main in 2010. Hopefully the weather will be much better than what it was during 2010 PCA.
  • Good luck. Looking forward to reading the TR.
  • puradchi wrote: »
    Hopefully the weather will be much better than what it was during 2010 PCA.

The weather last year was perfect, 80s most days and no rain. I was there also in 2011 and it got a little cold on most days. Still a lot warmer than Vegas and no withholding taxes :)
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    The weather last year was perfect, 80s most days and no rain. I was there also in 2011 and it got a little cold on most days. Still a lot warmer than Vegas and no withholding taxes :)

That's good to know. It was an awful weather in 2010. Forced my self to jump into lazy river one day just for the sake of it.

Good luck to everyone playing! Looking forward to your TR.
  • Good Luck to all going this year. Last year was so much fun even without cashing in the Main Event. A 9 day trip on $11 bucks is a sweet deal anyway you look at it.
    Didn't make my way through the satelites this year. There is always next year.

Once again good luck to all who are fortunate enough to be going.
  • good luck!
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Heading out to the Pokerstars Caribbean Adventure in beautiful Paradise Island, Bahamas next Thursday with Pkrfce9 (Greg). Plan to keep this thread updated with our trip report. Not sure if we can compete with the likes of Blondefish and his recent Playground TP, but we will try out best.

Anyone else heading down? Currently 27 degrees in Nassau :)

PokerStars Caribbean Adventure - PCA 2014 Official Website

Which events are you playing? Or is it just one main event?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Which events are you playing? Or is it just one main event?

Just grinding cash games buddy...you should know how I roll by now. For those basketball fans out there.

Gilbert Arenas Plays High-Stakes Poker with Pros in Bahamas - Poker Reporter's Blog
  • Cash game details for anyone interested. Nice they are 200 BB max and $5 max rake (even Blondefish might approve). Last year I played mainly 2/5 and 5/10 but the bulk of my profit came at 5/10. Just takes one cannon pushing blind every hand to make it a great session :)

PCA Tournament Structure - Cash Games

Now I just have to hope I can get out of Toronto with this weather.
  • trigs wrote: »
    he pull a gun out on the table yet?

heard he was also playing 2/5 and donked off about $3-4k in under an hour. Got to keep an eye out for this guy :)
  • The rake is 12.5% at $5 max, not as good as Woodbine or Fallsview, but not bad. I'm surprised you like to play deep 200 BB poker vs. all the PokerStars Supernovas and other sharks there. BTW, Glen Chorny, Lily Kiletto & even Cole (Hollywoods17) :o are playing PCA events. Good luck.

P.S. Watch out for pkrfce9's bro job. ;)
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    Cash game details for anyone interested. Nice they are 200 BB max and $5 max rake (even Blondefish might approve). Last year I played mainly 2/5 and 5/10 but the bulk of my profit came at 5/10. Just takes one cannon pushing blind every hand to make it a great session :)

PCA Tournament Structure - Cash Games
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    even Cole (Hollywoods17) :o are playing PCA events.
    Our Cole is there? really?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    The rake is 12.5% at $5 max, not as good as Woodbine or Fallsview, but not bad.

Not sure about Fallsview, but $5 is also the max rake at Woodbine. Can't complain for a $5 max rake (and no jackpots) for a 2/5 $1k max game or $2k 5/10 game. You can't really beat this rake anywhere.

I will play 2/5 with any player in the world, Supernova, champagne super nova, whatever they want to call themselves. All these titles just make them looser and more aggressive. These games are actually a lot more tight than the games I am use to playing.

In addition to all the Supernovas, there are a lot of businessmen that are just there to play with the 'pros' and they love to give away money. As GTA always says, its really about table selection and finding the right mix of players.
  • PCA live coverage has begun @ EPT Live PokerStars TV. If anybody spots Cole, a black pokerJAH or a tranny pkrfce9, ;) please post.
    compuease wrote: »
    Our Cole is there? really?
  • According to Cole, not only did he play in the $10K PCA Main Event, he is currently in the final 16 of the $1K event along with Barry Greenstein!
  • Mike (Timex) McDonald, currently sitting 2nd in chips in The PCA Main Event with about 40 players left
  • Where is stack pics?
  • FK U CPF. I HAD A HUGE UPDATE AND IT DIDN'T POST.

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • I got seated at a 1/2 table with Victor Ramsden or whatever his name is. He was donking it up buying the table drinks etc. He said he was on a mission to turn 200 into 5000 that night. I bluffed him out of 2 big pots. JAH actually was by the table and captured the last one on video. He was speculating what I had on that hand and I just had to say 'Sorry JOHN I don't remember'. Classic.

• Young Canadian women are extremely annoying at the table.

• Young Russian agrotards can be tilt inducing unless you keep pretending you don't understand their accent and ask them to repeat themselves 6 or 7 times every time they spout off something stupid.

• I had a piece of cake at dinner. Pics to follow.

I will probably tear that shit up tomorrow too.

• Warning: incidental poker content ahead.

JAH is the nicest guy in the world. He can bring on the tilt but really nice.

I had this Italian tag on a 1/2 table totally lined up for the kill. I think his initials were DM. It looked something like that on his scarf.

I'm not going to post details, don't worry. Suffice it to say I had 350 of his chips coming in to my stack but before I could engage the tractor beams JAH check raises all in on the flop for 500+! Then he berated me for calling with my top set against his measly pair plus flush draw. Bye bye tag chips. Bye bye my chips.

JAH generously gave me 300 when he cashed out. Totally unexpected and very much appreciated. A very nice gesture.

• Watching JAH in a hand is kind of like watching Wallenda.

• I got wristbands for the big closeout party tomorrow. I will only share the pics and details with people who show up to the Hill game next week.

Don't worry Milo. I won't wash my hand before the game.

• I thought that last one was kind of funny.

• What is the poker equivalent to a Puck Bunny?