Sick Day in the NFL

How crazy is the playoff race in the NFL this year?

This crazy:

1. Not only will there be a 10 win team not make it, but it's possible that Arizona could have 11 wins, and be THIRD in their division, AND miss the last wild card, AND have a better record than 2 division winners in the same conference. Check!

2. There can be 2 playoff teams with 8 wins, one of which started 0 and 4 and can still win a 5-way tiebreak of 8-8 teams So Close, AND Green Bay can (and probably will) win their division with 8 wins. Check!

3. There are no less than 5 different teams that get in with 8 wins.

4. The Bungals can go undefeated at home. WTF! Check!

5. All of this can happen simultaneously.

6. There are 128 different playoff scenarios in the AFC alone, and 64 in the NFC.

Greatest day of the year!

Comments

• 3 out of 4 ain't bad, but the day certainly lived up to the hype.

Loads of fun for Gamboolers.
  • Fuck da Packers.

Rodgers will choke in the playoffs again
  • Macke wrote: »
    Fuck da Packers.

Rodgers will choke in the playoffs again

That's harsh. You must be a Bears fan.

I'm not sure that an 8-7-1 team losing to an 11-5 team would be considered choking tho, even if they are at home, in the freezing cold.
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    That's harsh. You must be a Bears fan.

I'm not sure that an 8-7-1 team losing to an 11-5 team would be considered choking tho, even if they are at home, in the freezing cold.

I think with the low being forecast at -28 San Fran will be playing behind the eight ball. Say what you will, Green Bay is use to playing in this conditions, San Fran ain't and it will make a difference.
  • I think with the low being forecast at -28 San Fran will be playing behind the eight ball. Say what you will, Green Bay is use to playing in this conditions, San Fran ain't and it will make a difference.

Oh, I'm not saying that GB can't or won't win, I actually think it'll be a close game. Rather, if SF does win, I don't think we can say that GB choked, unless they only gain 80 yds on offense or something ridiculous like that.