Kitchener NL Hold'em, December 28th, 1:30pm

Comments

• Address has been sent to all first timers. If anybody else needs it, let me know.
  • Received, see you Saturday!
  • Ummmmm. Yes please!
    Thanks prophet for Giving me your seat!
    Bring your "checking" chips
  • Hey Dave wait-list for me pls.
  • Dan can't make it! Cheers!
  • folded wrote: »
    Ummmmm. Yes please!
    Thanks prophet for Giving me your seat!
    Bring your "checking" chips

Dwan lost around $2 million in a single session to Viktor Blom. That’s just one example of a horrible day for Dwan, as it’s possible, perhaps even likely, that he has had much worse sessions before.

Tom Dwan Drops $413,000 Pot on Poker After Dark: The Cash Game.

Eventually, "the hare's" or in this case "FOLDED" over confidence catches up to him and he gives it back and then some to the slow and steady guys.

Daniel Negreanu: Live Tournament Earnings: $17,545,702

Where are you at? Maybe we can go back to Burlington and you can play at that pool hall to rebuild your and take that fishes (the guy everyone was afraid of that night) money. Don't worry, I'll have your back again.

Let the games begin! ;)
  • I couldn't sleep last night because of how excited/nervous i am to play today.. haha imagine what would happen if it was the WSOP..(I think I should stick to online) I honestly had the same thing when i played at WPT Montreal. well buzzard's tourny is comparable to WPT Montreal.. It has all the waterloo-ian sharks :D
  • Good luck everyone but dave at his own game, lol, its a shame I can't show up for this after last night, if there is ever a late start time I will show LOL
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    I couldn't sleep last night because of how excited/nervous i am to play today.. haha imagine what would happen if it was the WSOP..(I think I should stick to online) I honestly had the same thing when i played at WPT Montreal. well buzzard's tourny is comparable to WPT Montreal.. It has all the waterloo-ian sharks :D

Welcome, make sure you introduce yourself to me, I'm the old guy with the black Fedora, certainly not one of the waterloo'ians though... Think I went to school before Waterloo had a university...:( Good bunch of people though, I'm sure you will enjoy yourself... Stay away from folded, took me a while but I learned...:) Buzzarrd'd may not be as big as WPT Montreal but every bit as tough..
  • Good luck all players, except the host :D

jk Buzzzard!
  • Sadly I've been battling a shitty cold for the past 3 days, and I wouldn't want to come spread it to everyone else. Looks like a great field of players. Hate to miss it. Good Luck everyone.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Welcome, make sure you introduce yourself to me, I'm the old guy with the black Fedora, certainly not one of the waterloo'ians though... Think I went to school before Waterloo had a university...:( Good bunch of people though, I'm sure you will enjoy yourself... Stay away from folded, took me a while but I learned...:) Buzzarrd'd may not be as big as WPT Montreal but every bit as tough..

Thank you very much, i'm not great in introducing myself but will do my best + my accent is horrible. l'll probably be the youngest guy :P with eye glasses and a buttoned up shirt. See you all soon :)
  • Thank you very much buzzard, Had a great great time! I will be there for your next tournament for sure.

Also in the cash game, they kept saying I'm gonna post "this hand" every time i loose a pot so i wont let them down.

Before I post the hand, watch this to understand what happened, you will love it I promise.

High Stakes Poker Season 4 Episode 13 - YouTube
    ( time is set its only 2 minutes)

Except I had AA Cori had 6-3 (and of course Cori wins it) and I was oop.. i 3 bet Cori calls preflop and i bet flop blind and he calls.. 6xx on flop and a turn is THE 3, i check jam and he calls.

Also Cori, an amazing person and would pay to watch him play poker!! Great guy!(although he stacked me :P)

I'm not sure if i spelled his name right.. anyway GL to all who are left in the tourny!
  • Final Results

41. folded
    40. Rick H.
    39. flash05
    38. Bfillmaff
    37. sn1perb0y
    36. Mac
    35. Blake
    34. moose
    33. Harry
    32. Strubby
    31. EdtheTed
    30. Gerry
    29. Bonnie
    28. wetts1012
    27. Ana
    26. Papa
    25. BLAZIN 72
    24. ItsaMe
    23. woog30
    22. Chipmagnet98
    21. The Prophet 22
    20. proffisher
    19. r3m1x
    18. BIGBOB
    17. Paul D.
    16. Little_Brother
    15. Buzzzardd
    14. Daryl
    13. Joel Wortzman
    12. Andy
    11. Pete D.
    10. Dave F.
    9. Bryan
    8. compuease
    7. minimoose
    6. Shiebs ($140)
    5. Shopsy ($200)
    4. Troy ($280)
    3. Chad ($370)
    2. The Aux ($540)
    1. damanj16 ($930)
  • My next tournament will be January 18th, at 1:30. I will start a thread a couple of weeks before. Have a great New Year.
  • thanks again for hosting, had a great time.
  • Congrats to the winners.

Probably one of the least fulfilling tourneys I've been in. Had to come home and hit the tables on Stars to get my fix.

Only way to fix this is to play again, see you next time. Thanks for having me.
  • You run one hell ofa good tournament
    yesterday i was not only card dead but also brain dead

have a great new year and see you on the 18th
  • Thank you all for the kind words. It has nothing to do with me, it is all about the people who play here.
  • This tournament sucks because it doesnt fit into my schedule.....totally kidding, yes it really is the right atmosphere to be at for fun, good poker, the wide range of players make it!
  • obvious this sniperboy player has a great judge of character...
    bahahahaaha
    obvious this sniperboy player has a great judge of character...
    bahahahaaha

I know he can spot a character.
    would pay to watch him play poker!

ya know, at the end of the day... that's kind of what we did :)
  • Cory is a notorious luck box :) But he makes you smile as he takes your chips. Also, he keeps smiling even you happen to take his.
  • Thanks for all the nice compliments.... a nice 300 win yesterday in 0.05/.10 NL or whatever we were playing....

Roger, see you next wednesday.... hahaha
    Thanks for all the nice compliments.... a nice 300 win yesterday in 0.05/.10 NL or whatever we were playing....

Roger, see you next wednesday.... hahaha

Cory is a true pro at turning $0.25/0.50 into $0.25/0.50/7.00. Just don't sit between him and Prophet/Shopsy/basically anybody else unless you're prepared to hang on and enjoy the ride.

And get off your wallet!
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Cory is a true pro at turning $0.25/0.50 into $0.25/0.50/7.00. Just don't sit between him and Prophet/Shopsy/basically anybody else unless you're prepared to hang on and enjoy the ride.

And get off your wallet!

$0.25/0.5/7? more like 0.25/0.5-straddle,call,call,call cory:raise to 25 X_X
  • pfft 1 straddle.
    $0.25/0.5/7? more like 0.25/0.5-straddle,call,call,call cory:raise to 25 X_X

Well that's just the table's fault. I mean if you're opening to $7 you have to bump it up when there's a straddler and 3 weak calls. And going to $25 is only like 6x pot, that's way less than 10x!
  • The sick thing is Hobbes pinhead and dj weren't even there, yet describe the action perfectly. Folded is well known ....