Why UofW turns out more poker stars.....

Comments

• I study at University of Waterloo, and I am a member/executive in the UW poker studies club. It is a great place to be at, the club has a fee of 5$ at the beginning of the term and top 3 of every week gets prizes. We have a round 60-80 players Every week! i think max was 96 and we play a SNG style tourny. At the end of the term top 3 of every week and the execs play for a bracelet and top 3 get trophoies.

Its super fun and you see the same people every week and enjoy playing poker and having our minds away from studying.

I'm the new upcoming star <3-<3
  • I'm kind of glad I discovered poker after graduating from U of W. Too much of a distraction IMO.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I'm kind of glad I discovered poker after graduating from U of W. Too much of a distraction IMO.

Oh come on, they are all going to get rich playing poker..... There is money to be made..>:D

In my day it was bridge and canasta. No money there..:bs:
  • heh, was just going to post this article. nice read.
  • 'Stay in school.'
    JAH 2010.

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • I kind of regret not discovering poker until way too late after graduating from university. If I was 18 and consistently winning at poker for > $1 mirrion like timex, then it's obviously one of those RARE exceptions that it's OK to delay university to earn mirrion$ more.
    pokerJAH wrote: »
    I'm kind of glad I discovered poker after graduating from U of W. Too much of a distraction IMO.
  • << product of waterloo, very grateful.
  • I know for sure that if I had discovered poker in University I would currently be homeless and uneducated. There is no way I would have been mature enough to keep everything in it's proper place, and would have been broke by October.