sn1perb0y challenge

13»

Comments

• I have a couple of questions and i thought i won't make a new thread of it...

1. How to write something under your name where its there every time you post, like a quote or something..

2. I am recently getting a lot of pop ups when i click around the forum any reason why? if the mouse goes over a blue text it just sends me to some "how to make 568$ online at your home" ads..
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    I have a couple of questions and i thought i won't make a new thread of it...

1. How to write something under your name where its there every time you post, like a quote or something..

click "User CP" in the red menu bar at the top. click "Edit Signature" on the left.
    2. I am recently getting a lot of pop ups when i click around the forum any reason why? if the mouse goes over a blue text it just sends me to some "how to make 568$ online at your home" ads..
    virus on your end? idk.
  • thank you trigs
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »

This could be a virus as mentioned, or just some bloatware that tagged along when you installed something else. Either way, I would be very careful about doing any type of money-related transaction (or logging into any account in general!) until you figure out exactly what it is.

Did you install any software recently that you can think of?

Also, what browser are you using?
  • PS trigs that last like is for rocking the lebowski avatar. love it!
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    PS trigs that last like is for rocking the lebowski avatar. love it!

Pic is a birthday cake that my gf made for me.

#bestmovieever
  • re adware/spyware/bloatware, etc, there might be someone around here who has a little experience at removing this sort of thing..>:D
  • I use google chrome as my browser. I always have a ton of viruses on my laptop, i download a lot of torrent, games etc... I remember once a friend checked my laptop and he was in shock for like a good 5 minutes. The problem is i don't know how to avoid them or how to even notice them, although i haven't had any money or information stolen from my pc i guess. What would they do with a student's info anyway im not rich nor famous :P (maybe someday)

If there is a good video where i can learn a simple way to check for viruses or remove them. Please post it.

Thank you guys, I like my signature now :D
  • Since we are off topic...anyone know how to remove SweetIM? I have dun tried everthing. It gets detected with Spybot, but Spybot cannot remove it, manual removal does not work, etc....not sure it is doing anything bad, but me no likey.
  • sniperboy that should really scare you a lot more than it is!

you just cashed what like 3k in this thread? a simple keylogger built into one of those, while unlikely, could nab your password and empty your account with ease. obviously thats worst case scenario, but its possible.

Personally if I had any suspicion that my system had been compromised, I would do a format and reinstall windows from scratch. You don't have to be hyper-paranoid, but it sounds like your system is a mess.

GTA yours doesn't sound as bad as his LOL... I assume you tried these steps already?

Remove SweetIM toolbar and search.sweetim.com (Uninstall Guide)
  • If either of you want me to login remotely and clean this stuff up, let me know... I've done it already for quite a few on here... No charge for some forum members..>:D
  • Bfillmaff wrote: »
    sniperboy that should really scare you a lot more than it is!

you just cashed what like 3k in this thread? a simple keylogger built into one of those, while unlikely, could nab your password and empty your account with ease. obviously thats worst case scenario, but its possible.

Personally if I had any suspicion that my system had been compromised, I would do a format and reinstall windows from scratch. You don't have to be hyper-paranoid, but it sounds like your system is a mess.

GTA yours doesn't sound as bad as his LOL... I assume you tried these steps already?

Remove SweetIM toolbar and search.sweetim.com (Uninstall Guide)

yuppo
  • Figured you had. I'm not familiar with that specific piece of adware but yeah sometimes they are a real bitch to remove.

Letting comp remote in is probably your best bet, otherwise maybe a clean install if its not a major inconvenience (depends on how much you would have to back up and or reinstall

Good luck!