Turning $25 into $100

Let's see how long it takes me to turn $25 into $100 on PokerStars only playing $1 MTT SNGs. 45man and 180man games.

The one to guess the closest in days will win 10% of my profits. I will start this challenge as soon as someone ships me $25 on Stars for EMT.

Comments

• Won't happen, ie infinity... ;)

You will go crazy playing $1. tourney's long before you get to $100...
  • Ok, realize I can't win anything with that guess, so my real guess is 11 days assuming you bink some early..:)
  • I'll take the under

tapatalk puts this here to annoy YOU
  • pkrfce9 wrote: »
    I'll take the under

You can't win unless you pick the number of days. Also..........................

NO ONE HAS $25 they can ship me on Stars ?? I'll send you $30 via EMT when I get home from work. Just PM me your email address.
  • 22 days. Good luck!
  • 22 days. Good luck!

Oh ye of little faith. He'll be at $1K by then..
  • hey comp, better make some room in the bad beat sub-forum
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    hey comp, better make some room in the bad beat sub-forum

Nah, I'll just post them all in this thread. :P
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    hey comp, better make some room in the bad beat sub-forum

Just doubled it's size, think we're ok for a week or two...;)
  • FML now that comp set up the new server required, my desk gets moved. Again. I'm bringing this up at the xmas staff party just to make things uncomfortable. Again.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Let's see how long it takes me to turn $25 into $100 on PokerStars only playing $1 MTT SNGs. 45man and 180man games.

The one to guess the closest in days will win 10% of my profits. I will start this challenge as soon as someone ships me $25 on Stars for EMT.

I don't think you can do this, not that you aren't good enough, I just don't think it can be done.
  • 2 days
    48 hours of grinding.
    Stop reading and get grinding!
    Donate my winning to the nearest charity.
  • 20 180 mans or 40 45 mans or proportionally mixed. 6 days

• I sent you you the $$.

Check your PM.
  • Quimby wrote: »
    I sent you you the $$.

Check your PM.

Sweet, thank you.
  • This challenge is going to be ongoing for me. I am tired of having to withdraw my poker account to pay for life stuff and want to try and build something that I can use for live events as well.

I have never really grinded up a roll as I always have been able to deposit as needed. So this is part one of a serious effort I am putting in this coming year to not deposit or withdraw and use a good bankroll management strategy.

I won't be playing as much as I usually do, but when I do, it will be affordable games and to have fun while playing. Stay tuned for updates and how many days it will take me to get up to $100.
    I won't be playing as much as I usually do,
    Can I up my estimate? >:D
    This challenge is going to be ongoing for me. I am tired of having to withdraw my poker account to pay for life stuff and want to try and build something that I can use for live events as well.

I have never really grinded up a roll as I always have been able to deposit as needed. So this is part one of a serious effort I am putting in this coming year to not deposit or withdraw and use a good bankroll management strategy.

I won't be playing as much as I usually do, but when I do, it will be affordable games and to have fun while playing. Stay tuned for updates and how many days it will take me to get up to $100.

Sounds like your worlds are colliding. Remember what a wise man once said:

If Relationship DJ walks through that door, he will KILL Poker DJ. A DJ divided against himself cannot stand!"
  • Card Dead wrote: »
    Sounds like your worlds are colliding. Remember what a wise man once said:

If Relationship DJ walks through that door, he will KILL Poker DJ. A DJ divided against himself cannot stand!"

This is precisely what I am doing, dividing my worlds.
  • I see Stars have these new Max Player tournaments - in one now that is $1.10 - 250 players max. Gonna add these to the schedule.
    I see Stars have these new Max Player tournaments - in one now that is $1.10 - 250 players max. Gonna add these to the schedule.

Those are not new. ;)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Those are not new. ;)

They need to have bigger buy-in ones. then I might have noticed.
  • Played 6 tournies last night, cashed in 4 of them.

7th of 45 - $1.43
    5th of 45 - $3.68
    27th of 180 - $1.06
    17th of 224 - $2.03

Buyins - $6.00
    Won - $8.20

Profit - $2.20
    ROI - 37%

Current BR - $27.20

Profit - $2.20

Man, I guess you really have love the game
  • I have to be honest. This gives me anxiety and makes me feel sorry for you.
    I know we have never met but I would like to believe your TIME on this great earth could be better spent on other things other than chasing some poker dream 2$ at a time. You could literally make more money looking under couch cushions.
    As preachy as it sounds, I think the best course of action is for you to insta-ban yourself on all the online card rooms and get your life in order. You've been chasing these flops since I joined this site and you are not any further ahead.
    You said previously that you need to find work because times are tough. THAT sounds like a good idea. Volunteer somewhere. Get out and clear your mind. Doors will open for you that you previously didn't know existed - real opportunities. None of this will happen if you keep part of yourself attached to a big score belief.
    Some people are probably going to hammer me for this, but I meant it with the greatest sincerity. There is no future in what your doing.
    Be strong.

I would rather follow your new thread on how you turned your life around report in 'other topics.'

-Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Make it 5 days.

Then go back to school. For JAH.

• Hey Devon, Mov makes some good points.. I'm not sure if you only play poker for the pure love of the game (say rather than watching tv) and if that's why then no issue. However if it is taking away from family/real life then for sure you need to rethink.. I consider you a friend and hopefully you do the same with me, so don't take this the wrong way. If we are all off base then please tell us to bug off.. ;)

P.S. I consider you a pretty solid player but such an infinitesimally small % of players actually make any "real" money at poker. All things considered, most of us should just treat it as a hobby we love rather than a lifestyle.
  • I You could literally make more money looking under couch cushions.
    Or moving the couch the cushions sit on...

Sorry, really couldn't resist this.. All the regs around here know what I mean..:p
  • Thanks for the concern guys but I gave up trying to "make it big" in poker a while ago. Its just my entertainment, like watching TV, golfing, etc... I've been about a break even player for the last 3 years, which I am ok with.

My kids are adults now and are starting lives of their own and my wife is starting work more so I have more free time when I am not working.
    I just really like playing poker, its fun, even the bad beats. I vent and post them in here but once I let it out, it doesn't affect how I play. I have played long enough to know that if there are cards to come, you can still lose the hand.

Having said all that, I would like to be able to afford to play bigger buy in tournaments, thus the reason I am trying to increase my bankroll but I want to do it slowly and increase my skills as I move up. I am giving myself 12 months to accomplish this goal.