WSOP ME chop

You've had an incredible run good, smashing thru 7 days to get to the Nov 9, your luck continues to get to heads up for a chance to win 1st place 8 mil+ or runner up 5 mil+. You're about equal in stacks and your opponent suggest a chop. one of you gets to be the official main event champ, bracelet, endorsements, etc, but you get the 2nd place money. The other in the chop gets the first place money.
What do you take if given the choice?

Comments

• Play it out

It's not worth "guaranteeing" being called the champ when EVERYONE that recognizes you will say you didn't win

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Play it out

It's not worth "guaranteeing" being called the champ when EVERYONE that recognizes you will say you didn't win

Mark

Assume no one finds out about deal. There's been rumours of chops for main event, but nothing really guaranteeing that a chop took place.
  • this one's easy for me. i don't want fame. it would probably be the worst thing to ever happen to me. i take first place money and walk.
  • I'd have to agree with Mark here and say play it out specifically for the reason he stated. Easy for me to say because I'm extremely confident I'll never be in that position.

As far as Trigs goes, he's full of BS because he's already famous for being one of Fed's favourite targets of harrassment. Thus....

FK U TRIGS.
  • Jacen299 wrote: »
    You've had an incredible run good, smashing thru 7 days to get to the Nov 9, your luck continues to get to heads up for a chance to win 1st place 8 mil+ or runner up 5 mil+. You're about equal in stacks and your opponent suggest a chop. one of you gets to be the official main event champ, bracelet, endorsements, etc, but you get the 2nd place money. The other in the chop gets the first place money.
    What do you take if given the choice?

Take the money, leave the bracelet to the ego maniacs.
  • Take the money and fade into obscurity . . .
  • I'm an average working Joe who's sitting heads up at the ME for what will be the only time in my life. At that point 5 million is beyond my wildest dreams anyway, another 3 million would just be more icing on the already sweet cake so therefore I make no deals and I play it out and try to earn the title of being champ no holds barred. I'm not celebrity envious by nature but I think I would enjoy a year of being an ambassador for the game and all the perks that come with it.
  • first thing I'd do is hold a PFC freeroll ME satty and send 10 of you to the next one :-)
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    first thing I'd do is hold a PFC freeroll ME satty and send 10 of you to the next one :-)

And one more for your favorite mod?
  • compuease wrote: »
    And one more for your favorite mod?

Nice of you to send Bill to the WSOP.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Nice of you to send Bill to the WSOP.

naw I meant...ummmm. what was that other mods name anyways... east something or other?
  • That hot yoga has fried your brain, comp.
    naw I meant...ummmm. what was that other mods name anyways... east something or other?

Never heard of that guy...probably went to open a restaurant in Ottawa or something :)
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Never heard of that guy...probably went to open a restaurant in Ottawa or something :)

lol, free lunch for your fellow mods? and dad..
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    I'm an average working Joe who's sitting heads up at the ME for what will be the only time in my life. At that point 5 million is beyond my wildest dreams anyway, another 3 million would just be more icing on the already sweet cake so therefore I make no deals and I play it out and try to earn the title of being champ no holds barred. I'm not celebrity envious by nature but I think I would enjoy a year of being an ambassador for the game and all the perks that come with it.

Don't forget the 30% withholding tax, and you ain't getting it back!
    lol, free lunch for your fellow mods? and dad..

Huh? Someone said free lunch? I'm in.
  • 1st place $, because of the 30% witholding tax. If there wasn't any taxes held then I would go the other way.
  • I'd have to agree with Mark here and say play it out specifically for the reason he stated. Easy for me to say because I'm extremely confident I'll never be in that position.

As far as Trigs goes, he's full of BS because he's already famous for being one of Fed's favourite targets of harrassment. Thus....

FK U TRIGS.

hey, hey! infamy is different :D
  • Anyone who doesn't take the extra 3 million just so they can say they beat someone else at a game of cards needs to spend a million dollars of that money on therapy
  • Depends what you want......I'm sure as champ if you worked hard (endorsements, etc.)...you could exceed the money difference in short time.

If you're a lazy phuck like me.....t8 the money.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Depends what you want......I'm sure as champ if you worked hard (endorsements, etc.)...you could exceed the money difference in short time.

If you're a lazy phuck like me.....t8 the money.

My original question in the thread was inspired by wondering what the value on endorsements could add up to. Now I understand your alias. I always read it "T ate your money". Lol sorry.
  • I'm always surprised by how many people never watched bumper stumpers
    I'm always surprised by how many people never watched bumper stumpers

lol that show was the shit.
    I'm always surprised by how many people never watched bumper stumpers

My friends were on that show in high school ... the audience consisted of three of us sitting on a bench
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    My friends were on that show in high school ... the audience consisted of three of us sitting on a bench

I don't recall the show, but no saying if I would be good at it... clearly wouldn't. :)
  • Definitely first place money. These days it's hard to get sponsorships, let alone $3million (present value) worth of sponsorships.
  • Depends on what companies are sitting there ready to sign you. You tell me WWE wants to throw me on their show for the next 3 years as some rich asshole manager gimmick, essentially a Canadian poker playing Ted Dibiase, then fuck the money, I wanna go to the show!

If it's Monsanto, I take the big money, follow them outside and see how much of my winnings it takes to kill a CEO of an evil corporation when it's dropped from a penthouse suite onto his head :D
  • Why you hate Monsanto?
    Why you hate Monsanto?

(as GTA would say) for realz?
    Why you hate Monsanto?

http://rt.com/op-edge/monsanto-technique-ruins-evolution-016/

EDIT: maybe not the best article to articulate their villainy, but i'm lazy and it was near the top of my google search.