Just Won My First Sit & Go...

Well,
My 2nd ever sit & go for real money and I won it, pretty happy obviously...ready for the total...a whopping $25.00, can't complain. $5+1 at partypoker.

The cool thing here was I actually was very short stacked when started playing heads-up. I think they guy who dominated our table all night figured he'd pound me into submission as the blinds got tighter and tigher, consdier i only had $1100 compared to his $6900, I played some very unique hands.

One in particular which I would say helped me win this thing was this.

I had A2o in the bb,
he calls.
I check.

flop comes...
K2Q rainbow...
I raise
he folds.

not a big pot nothing to exciting but after that he went on maniac mode trying to take me down and I was able to crack him up with a AKs to take the chip lead,

the hand i one this thing on was this
I have KQs vs
A5o
flop comes AJT turn and river xx

for my very first sit & go victory. I like to think I didn't make too many mistakes or try to do too much early on. I have to say i personally don't like the setup of Party's sit & gos. But hey, I'll take it.

Now that i have done all this bragging, I sat down earlier tonight to play a session of .50/$1 and had my worst session ever, I actually don't feel I played all that poorly, however I had AA cracked 1, KK cracked 1(both times a lot of $ in the middle), was rivered about six times with a lot of ($ in the middle). I never saw such poor over-all luck. Being such a big favourite in many cases. Lets just say this win didn't put me back to even :( , (my worst loosing session yet) but this sit & go was an intersting experince. Probably just got lucky, but I do feel a little vindicated

Anyway, I think I'm also going to lay off the sit & go's, I honestley don't know my ass from my toes when it comes to Hold'em when the blinds get so tight(No Limit as well), but felt I adapted well.

Anyway Thanks for listening to this semi good semi bad rant

P. :wink:

Comments

• Congrats!!! First of many to come, I'm sure!!!!
  • P-Hound wrote:

Anyway, I think I'm also going to lay off the sit & go's, I honestley don't know my ass from my toes when it comes to Hold'em when the blinds get so tight(No Limit as well), but felt I adapted well.

Anyway Thanks for listening to this semi good semi bad rant

P. :wink:

Hey Party Poker SnG's are a great place to start and learn!

You get an hour of poker for $5 cheaper then going to the titty bar and you have a chance of coiming home with something that wont leave you with the drip.

If you learn from here and take it there you'll soon be expecting to win each one.

Good Job and welcome to the forum.
  • on your win.

If you like sit n go's,but, don't necessarily like the blinds climbing quick.
    Poker Stars are 9 handed (vs 10) and follow a timed blind structure
    vs every 10 hands they increase.

Payout is a little less (i think 22.50, for a 5. + .50). But, there are times
    when you are in the money with blinds at 50/100...and the 3 guys left are at
    30x BB.

But, whatever. I play both and enjoy em.

Congrats again on your win.
  • Go Balls-In when the blinds get really tight.
  • If youre new to these nit and gos, check out this link:

http://teamfu.freeshell.org/tournament/no_limit_sng.html

Remember that the optimal strategy in these is completely different from the optimal strategy in a large inline or live tournament...they are worlds apart. They are a great source of revenue though as the play is sooooooooooooooooooo bad on these especially at party poker. I am playing the 10/1s and am over 220 games played in 30 days using this rote strategy.

Also try to move to the 10/1s as soon as possible as you are paying 20% rake with the 5/1. Party really needs a rakeback program.

Good luck
  • Redington wrote:
    You get an hour of poker for $5 cheaper then going to the titty bar and you have a chance of coiming home with something that wont leave you with the drip.
    Nothing like boiling things down to their essence, eh Tyson?

Congrats on the win. It wasn't that long ago when I popped my cherry.

BTW, there are ways to get rakeback on Party...