odd oddsen's $170k challenge

just read this today and i thought it was pretty interesting and funny. odd oddsen (aka Ola Amundsgard) from norway has put forth a challenge to all norway politicians. poker is illegal in norway because it is considered a game of chance. therefore, odd oddsen challenged any and all norway politicians to play him 10,000 hands of heads up pot limit omaha, and if they beat him he'll pay them $170k. however, if he wins he wants more action towards legalizing poker in norway.

i think this is great. probably won't make any difference to the actual laws in norway, but still funny how he's willing to shove it in the politicians faces. after all, if it's just a game of chance why wouldn't the politicians be lining up for a free shot at $170k? they have nothing to lose (except their credibility).

Daily 3-Bet: Negreanu #1, Carlos Cut, Norway on Blast - Poker News

EDIT: btw, not sure why i put this in online section. mods can move it to where it should be if they want.

Comments

• not sure if anyone cares, but oddsen got a politician to agree to the match (granted, one that agrees with legalizing poker already). they made all the plans to play x amount of hands per week or whatever and have the challenge last for a few months. well, oddsen destroyed the guy in the first sit in for 15 buy-ins (or maybe more, i can't remember) and the guy gave up right away.