How can we watch the Main Event final table in Canada?

124»

Comments

• I got coolsport.tv/espn.html to work for me.

Not great quality but tolerable.
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    I got coolsport.tv/espn.html to work for me.

Not great quality but tolerable.

I can't get rid of one ad right in the middle of the screen...
  • Well Detroit is 8 million richer lol
  • Macke wrote: »
    Well Detroit is 8 million richer lol

How can someone have TP every single hand? Talk about run good, he used up his 1 times for his next 40 lifetimes.
  • So TSN airs about what, 24 ME episodes all summer long. I watch every one of them. November 9 coverage? LOLOL. Episode 1 they pre-empted for the first 12 minutes, when they finally join in, one guy is already eliminated. They air for 1 hour and just cut off abruptly. Episode 2 even more LOL. Pre-empted again for 6 minutes or so and now magically we are down from 7 where they left off down to 2. They aired heads up for 2 hours and again cut off abruptly with no champion crowned!! I had to check the web site to see who finished 6th to 1st. TSN you suck!
  • ?? Day 1 of the FT started late but it was on TSN2 straight through to the end. Was that not true where you are? I didn't think TSN had different programming in different areas.

I was very disappointed in losing the first 2 hours + though. I guess TSN didn't know 10 months ago that this was happening like the rest of us. If they're going to do that in the future I'd rather them simply not buy the rights so we can get the feed directly from the WSOP.
  • On a related note, guess the new champ is making waves already...

Via Marco; Sportsmanship in Poker | Ryan Riess' Controversial WSOP Win
  • Since I missed most of the WSOP broadcasts, is PokerTube the best site to catch up on WTF happened?
    Muddguts wrote: »
    ... TSN you suck!
  • mikelbyl wrote: »
    ?? Day 1 of the FT started late but it was on TSN2 straight through to the end. Was that not true where you are?

No idea man. I was working all night. I set my DVR and that's what I came home to
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Since I missed most of the WSOP broadcasts, is PokerTube the best site to catch up on WTF happened?

for me that's kind of like watching the world series the day after you know all the news. If I know the results, I'm not as interested in watching.

While the world has known since July, I JUST found out who the november niners were last week because I don't follow the tournament along in real time or check WSOP.com. I watch the polished broadcasts on TSN as they come out all summer/fall long
  • I saw most of the heads up on ESPN. riess got great hands but also page a strong game with the exception of the call with q high. esfandiari's commentary was excellent.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Since I missed most of the WSOP broadcasts, is PokerTube the best site to catch up on WTF happened?

When TSN kept changing the time of their "weekly" broadcasts, I started looking on YouTube and always found an HD version of each week's show(s). You have to search for "wsop 2013 e01" and so forth, and then look for the specific users who are posting the best quality versions of the episodes ( I believe PokerAces was one)

I haven't checked PokerTube so I don't know about the quality on there, but it is probably easier to find specific shows on there.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    So TSN airs about what, 24 ME episodes all summer long. I watch every one of them. November 9 coverage? LOLOL. Episode 1 they pre-empted for the first 12 minutes, when they finally join in, one guy is already eliminated. They air for 1 hour and just cut off abruptly. Episode 2 even more LOL. Pre-empted again for 6 minutes or so and now magically we are down from 7 where they left off down to 2. They aired heads up for 2 hours and again cut off abruptly with no champion crowned!! I had to check the web site to see who finished 6th to 1st. TSN you suck!

Once TSN2 started airing they didn't stop, but the Guide information was wrong so if you didn't extend the recording end time, you got it cut off. I watched the start of each day on wsop.com and then switched to TSN2 once they joined coverage, and I didn't miss anything. Still sucked that they didn't start at the same time as ESPN but there was hockey on, and we all know what gets better ratings in Canada.

I do agree that TSN should ideally publish longer guide times to the cable/sat companies but since it is live and there is no defined endpoint, not sure what arbitrary length they would select.
  • I can say I didn't watch too much this year.

Though nothing was going to beat last years.
  • BrennerM wrote: »
    I do agree that TSN should ideally publish longer guide times to the cable/sat companies but since it is live and there is no defined endpoint, not sure what arbitrary length they would select.

I PVR'd as well...I realized the 1.5 hr time slot alotted was not going to be correct. My PVR only allows extension for another 1.5 hrs.....so I then had to record what was on 3hrs after the broadcast as well.

Those not realizing or thinking of the time it would actually take, would get screwed obv.

And I don't think I've seen the heads up so one-sided before....both in cards and the play.