Satellites

One of my local poker clubs is offering satellites with re-buys to a larger buy-in tournament. Players are allowed to play in as many satellites as they wish, even if they have already won a seat. The first seat won is non cash redeemable (a must play main tourny). If a player wins a second seat, he/she will take the cash prize for that satellite seat. The rest of the satellites will/should be a similar small two or three table satellites. I have already won a seat and am wondering if I should play any others. Its a great league with great players and is a very well run place to play poker. I have thought of a few points on the downside of playing more (Ill post later) but, besides winning $$$ if I win again (obviously), what are some other benefits of playing any more satellites?

Comments

• As long as I can beat the rake and the cash value of additional wins is the same as the must-play seat, then I would keep playing. A possible benefit of playing again is to try to prevent the best players from qualifying to the main event, while not minding if the worse players qualify. Is this league with great players in Brampton?
    Shifty wrote: »
    I have thought of a few points on the downside of playing more (Ill post later) but, besides winning $$$ if I win again (obviously), what are some other benefits of playing any more satellites?
  • This is an Orangeville Poker Tour event. The cash payout for a second seat won would equal the main event buy-in ($500). I also thought it would prevent the best players from qualifying to the main event however some might just buy-in directly anyways. My main downside of playing other satellites is that it could reduce main event prize pool. The more players in the main event would allow for higher payouts and possibly more places itm. I will definitely not dispute allowing players to play more satellites, not my place to, and may or may not play others. It is however just a great place to play poker anyways.
  • NO value in 2nd seat to same game -you could use it in our club satellites