sn1perb0y montreal trip report

Alright, so since it was my first live event that I went to, I decided to make a small trip report.

My father and I left Waterloo at 6:00 pm on friday but there was a huge stop near an airport 3 hours in. The stop was for around 1 hour 45min there was literally no movement. some guy opened his door and took a piss on the side while waiting.. We reached Montreal around 2:00 am but there was a bridge that was closed and we had to take an alternative way which the GPS couldn't recognize. We finally reached the hotel at 4:00 am.

We slept till 1:00 pm and woke up had a small walk around town and then went to underground poker club. The place was amazing with great chairs that Id rather sleep on than sleep on my bed. We decided to play cash then play the satty which was at 7:30 for the main event and play the event on day 1c. I played 2-5 started with 300$ and i was even 3 hours in until i had pocket 99s early position and i raised with 2 callers. One of the callers is a guy at late position who just came to the table with $200. Flop was AJ9, I raised one fold and the other guy goes all in and its around $140 to call and i call. turn is a 5 (not sure) and river is a king. He shows Q-10 and gets the str8 :(. I went to play the main event satty for $115 which ended with 12 tickets and i got one :D. On day 1C we went at 12:00 so i can play the tourny and my father kept playing cash since he was doing great. I busted 4 hours after the tourny started. I decided to play 1-3 and bought in for 200$ and after 4 hours i had 960ish #pockerjahwinrates i was running EXTREMELY well. At some point i payed 6 hands and i had trips or set in all 6 hands and got paid off. Decided to go play the 80$ tourny at 8:00pm but was caped at 100 entires.. went back to play 1-2 started with 200 and lost it but probably it paid off by the food i got :p I order some cheese cake and coffee, I have never tasted cheese cake that good. later on i order red bull and some chicken tenders with BBQ sauce which was really good.

All in all it was a great trip and will definitely go there again...

Comments

• Nice trip report but damn.

Is that the PFC record for longest Kitchener to Montreal drive time?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Nice trip report but damn.

Is that the PFC record for longest Kitchener to Montreal drive time?

No guff!

Next time leave earlier Phlli!
  • I had my Econ midterm till 5:45 :(