WSOP/ Vegas Equity series

For those that are interested I am hosting a equity series in Scarborough. If you wish to know the details please PM me as I don't want to broadcast this openly.

Basically its an 8 game series with no rake with:

2 - $ 3500 packages
2 - $ 2500 packages
2 - $ 2000 packages

A portion of your package must be spent in Vegas on tournament buy-ins and the group has equity in you.

Each game costs $ 250.00 and you must commit to all 8.

We play Friday nights and I have only 3 spots open.

Comments

• Is there an option to use a package won for WSOP/WPT/Fallsview events in Canada so there's no value lost from the 30% withholding tax and travel expenses to the US? For example, can the person who won a $2,500 package use it for the $2,500 FPC instead of flying to Vegas for only $2K worth of buy-ins?

How late on Friday nights will it start? All three forum-posted satellites/series that I'm interested in are on Friday night, which unfortunately for me, is the worst night.
  • This is to get a group to Vegas, with equity, kind of like a bankroll builder. I should also explain that it is two 4 game series so you have the opportunity of winning more than one package.

As far as withholding tax...meh...its a trip to Vegas to play poker that's basically paid for!

Starts at 8PM
  • Two spots left.
  • I'm all for rake-free satellites, but if you are going to spend $2k to play in a bunch of satellites, does it make sense that the seats to be won range from $2k - $3.5k? Why not just buy the $2k seat and avoid having to share a percentage? Granted this may be a good deal for better tournament players who have an edge.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I'm all for rake-free satellites, but if you are going to spend $2k to play in a bunch of satellites, does it make sense that the seats to be won range from $2k - $3.5k? Why not just buy the $2k seat and avoid having to share a percentage? Granted this may be a good deal for better tournament players who have an edge.

I think you have the numbers wrong...$800 gets you 4 games and you can win as much as $3500 or $2500 or $2000. We are having 2 of these series. We also have a $50 per game adder that is paid out to the top three each nightly win. Your max investment is $ 2000.

With all games there must be winners and losers...why play poker at all then?
  • RAM_Eh wrote: »
    I think you have the numbers wrong...$800 gets you 4 games and you can win as much as $3500 or $2500 or $2000. We are having 2 of these series. We also have a $50 per game adder that is paid out to the top three each nightly win. Your max investment is $ 2000.

With all games there must be winners and losers...why play poker at all then?

Do you have to sign up for both 4 game series? I can make it to all the games in the first 4 but I'll have to miss at least 1 game in the second 4 series.
  • RAM_Eh wrote: »
    Each game costs $ 250.00 and you must commit to all 8.

$250 x 8 = $2,000 ?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    $250 x 8 = $2,000 ?

Yes.
  • Do you have to sign up for both 4 game series? I can make it to all the games in the first 4 but I'll have to miss at least 1 game in the second 4 series.

I am looking at filling the first 4 games. If you can't make the second I'm sure we can find someone else. So I guess the commitment is $1000.00
  • Any chance of a future series being for the PCA or other non-Vegas event? If there's any non-Canadian event I want to satellite into, it would be the PCA.
    RAM_Eh wrote: »
    I am looking at filling the first 4 games.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Any chance of a future series being for the PCA or other non-Vegas event? If there's any non-Canadian event I want to satellite into, it would be the PCA.

No this is for Vegas during the WSOP.

One spot left and we have changed the starting stack to 10K with 20 minute blinds using the WSOP 1500 levels.

PM me if you are interested, we start on the 25th. Scarborough.
  • We still have one spot availible but are going with at 9 if need be. Starts Friday.