York Region Poker League...sign-up now!!

Hello Everyone.....

Finally after a few weeks I have hammered out all of the details, found a location and am now taking registrations for the North Toronto Poker League Season 1. The 8 week plus final season will begin on Tuesday April 5th and will be held weekly at a bar/restaurant in the Richmond Hill area....right off of the 407 and 5 minutes from the 404. Basically this is how things will work. There will be a $50 one-time registration fee that will cover at least the 8 weeks of poker and possibly the ninth and final week if you make it. All the registration monies will go towards prizes and trophies (every last cent will be spent). There will be no cash payouts. The grand prize winner will receive a beautiful brand new poker table. Other prizes will include poker apparel,poker genie's,poker dvd's,poker books (including Doyle's), chip sets, autographed poker memorabilia, gift certificates and more.

The 8 weeks will break down as follows:

Week 1: WSOP style tournament
Week 2: WSOP style tournament
Week 3: Head to Head tournament *(see below)
Week 4: WSOP style tournament
Week 5: Sit'n'Go style tournament *(see below)
Week 6: WSOP style tournament
Week 7: Head to Head tournament
Week 8: WSOP style tournament

Finals: 16 man WSOP style tournament with larger chip stacks provided for persons finishing higher in regular season standings

There will be a 32 PLAYER MINIMUM and a 40 PLAYER MAXIMUM

Seats in the season will be awarded to the first 40 players to fax back or e-mail back the registration form I will e-mail to you and make payment in full for the season by either cash,paypal or bidpay. You must be at least 19 to enter the season.

The games will be played every Tuesday beginning on April 5th at 6:45 (must arrive by 6:30). The restaurant we will be playing at has a full menu so please feel free to have dinner there as none of the monies from registration will be going to them.

If you can not attend one week you can send a replacement for you who can earn points for the leaderboard for you, but this can only be done twice during the season and can not be done for the final championship week. The WSOP and Sit'n'Go tournaments will be run by the Poker Genie tournament system with increasing blind levels etc...

This league is a go as long as we have a minimum 32 players registered by March 26th. If that number has not been met by that date I will issue full and complete refunds to all registrants before April 1st. No refunds will be issued to anyone if there is the minimum number of players met unless there are players on the waiting list.

The head to head tournaments will be played as follows....there will be round robbins held with groups of 4 people in each bracket. The two winners from each bracket will move on two a single knockout elimination tournament much like the World Hockey Championships are played.

The Sit'N'Go tournaments will be a single table tournament where the winner from each table will play against each other for the weekly winner.

This is a great way to play some fun and excting poker with out risking the cash. Great practice and lots of fun!!!!

Please e-mail ntpcpokerleague@yahoo.ca to obtain your registration form.

Hope to see a lot of you there!!!

Dave

Comments

• A lot of people have been asking....the only cost is the $50 registration fee. No weekly buy-in. the $50 is solely for buying the prizes and awards including the gran prize of the poker table!!!
  • sounds really interesting, can you send me the registation info, sounds like a fun concept.
  • I am in - thanks for the email and I will see y'all on the tables.
  • Don't forget to e-mail me or fax me your registration form!!!

Thanks

Dave