terrible line of play?

PokerStars Hand #103361507945: Tournament #778171644, $5.00+$5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (60/120) - 2013/08/28 17:52:56 ET
Table '778171644 86' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Count_NN (3059 in chips)
Seat 2: PopelGELB (4795 in chips)
Seat 3: yoshitosh (3825 in chips)
Seat 4: JimmyCougar (2755 in chips)
Seat 5: Gokhancan (6950 in chips)
Seat 6: filinto69 (7265 in chips)
Seat 7: Lutz1946 (8901 in chips) is sitting out
Seat 8: sn1perb0y (6605 in chips)
Seat 9: Mr. Chrizza (13790 in chips)
Count_NN: posts the ante 15
PopelGELB: posts the ante 15
yoshitosh: posts the ante 15
JimmyCougar: posts the ante 15
Gokhancan: posts the ante 15
filinto69: posts the ante 15
Lutz1946: posts the ante 15
sn1perb0y: posts the ante 15
Mr. Chrizza: posts the ante 15
Lutz1946: posts small blind 60
sn1perb0y: posts big blind 120
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to sn1perb0y [Tc Ks]
Mr. Chrizza: folds
Count_NN: raises 180 to 300
PopelGELB: folds
yoshitosh: folds
JimmyCougar: calls 300
Gokhancan: folds
filinto69: folds
Lutz1946: folds
sn1perb0y: calls 180
*** FLOP *** [As Ts 3s]
sn1perb0y: checks
Count_NN: bets 480
JimmyCougar: calls 480
sn1perb0y: calls 480
*** TURN *** [As Ts 3s] [6d]
sn1perb0y: checks
Count_NN: checks
JimmyCougar: bets 1960 and is all-in

I would like to know how would you guys play this and would you call the all in?

Comments

• I would fold preflop.
  • so k-10os with good pot odds on bb is a fold?
  • These are the kind of hands that can get you into trouble. With this flop, there is little chance of getting paid off if another spade hits, so its either check / raise / call a shove on the flop or fold on the turn if it bricks.
    We have 50 BBs going in to the hand, so there is no reason to gamble, trying to hit your flush, so I lean towards check calling flop and folding on turn shove.
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    so k-10os with good pot odds on bb is a fold?

For me, it's an easy fold. People tend to over-value their pot odds in the blinds. I wouldn't want to play it out of position against two players (including an EP opener).

Maybe others who play better post-flop than me would do differently but I'd rather look for better spots in position.
  • fold pre, and its not close.
  • I put him on A-J, what do you think?
    I put him on A-J, what do you think?

I think you should never put villains on a specific hand, but ranges.

And if I assign a range here, youre not (currently) beating much, and likely only good if you bink a spade.

edit: yes, Aj is in that range somewhere but it's likely weighted much stronger than that.
  • In regards to calling on the turn, best case scenario would be a pair of aces with a kicker that doesn't take any of your outs for 14 outs. You're basically even money against those hands. Taking into account all the other hands that your opponent could have and the player behind you, pretty easy turn fold.
  • one more thing, although the bounty is small compared to prize pool but half the price of the buy-in. I still don't understand when is it right to call when you are behind yet if you hit you can get the bounty.
    one more thing, although the bounty is small compared to prize pool but half the price of the buy-in. I still don't understand when is it right to call when you are behind yet if you hit you can get the bounty.

The bounty should rarely skew youre logic, unless its very specific scenarios.

In most cases the presence of a bounty is irrelevant.
  • fold pre, bet flop
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    fold pre, bet flop

This.

I'm folding pre, but I can see how some people might want to call for pot odds (which seems pretty incorrect to me when someone opens that early.)
    When we do call, and flop the nut flush draw, I'd be leading out to get fold equity plus a potential blocker bet from original raiser, as I'd assume their range is a big ace, or possibly a pair, but they're definitely afraid of that flush.