Tournament every Sun & Tues + Nightly 4/8 Games

Sundays:

Start time: 7pm

$100 + $15

500 in chips to start

unlimited re-buys of $50 for the first hour (300 chips)

add-on of $50 after the first hour (1000 chips)

blinds start at 5/10 and increase every 20 minutes

Tuesdays:

Start time: 7pm

$50 + $10

500 in chips to start

unlimited re-buys of $25 for the first hour (300 chips)

add-on of $25 after the first hour (1000 chips)

blinds start at 5/10 and increase every 20 minutes

40 players max.

Payouts incumbent upon # of players (1st place payout ranges from 40% to 55% of total prize pool)

Positions paid are # of tables+2 (ie. 4 tables means top 6 positions are paid)

Food and drinks provided

Side tables of 4/8 afterwards

Pick-up option at Downsview and Finch stations

For more info, call 647-280-5057 or email leafsnation2k4 [AT] gmail.com

Comments

• What is the point of the add on? $50 for 100 chips and I assume the blinds will be 20/40 at that point. What possible advantage would it be to take the add on?
  • I have to agree. Paying $50 for 2.5 x the Blind in chips is nuts. At that point in the play it is hardly a round of betting.
  • sorry, that was an oops on my part. forgot to add a 0 at the end. fixed now.
  • - confused...
  • "40 players max.
    Payouts incumbent upon # of players (ranges from 35% to 55% of total prize pool)
    Positions paid are # of tables+2 (ie. 4 tables means top 6 positions are paid)"

Can you please provide additional info on payouts, perhaps provide an example of a sample payout based on 40 players participating in a $100 buy-in event ?

Thanks,
  • anyone from the forum thinking about going to this event?
  • Payouts incumbent upon # of players (ranges from 35% to 55% of total prize pool)

I am confused by this statement, what exactly does it mean.
    $100 + $15 should mean that $15 goes to the house and the $100 (plus all rebuys and add ons) goes into the prize pool no?
  • Chugs wrote:
    anyone from the forum thinking about going to this event?

Yes, depending on the answer to my question above.
  • raphkadog wrote:
    "40 players max.
    Payouts incumbent upon # of players (ranges from 35% to 55% of total prize pool)
    Positions paid are # of tables+2 (ie. 4 tables means top 6 positions are paid)"

Can you please provide additional info on payouts, perhaps provide an example of a sample payout based on 40 players participating in a $100 buy-in event ?

Thanks,

if 40 players play:

top 6 finishers would be paid out (4 tables + 2)

1. 40%
    2. 25%
    3. 14%
    4. 11%
    5. 7%
    6. 3%
  • esool wrote:
    I am confused by this statement, what exactly does it mean.
    $100 + $15 should mean that $15 goes to the house and the $100 (plus all rebuys and add ons) goes into the prize pool no?

you're right. my statement wasn't clear. i meant 1st place payout ranges depending on the # of players involved.
  • I don't think that answers the + $15 question, though.
  • I don't think that answers the + $15 question, though.
    I think so.
    I take his response to mean that YES the $15 is the only rake and the rest of the money goes into the prize pool. I have no problem with 15% juice. That's less then anywhere else to the best of my knowledge.

Looks good to me. :smile:

Is the first game this Tuesday March 15?
  • yes, +15 is all that goes to the house.

the first of the tourneys were last week. decent turnout of 25 people, but ideally we'd like to have 40 players at every game.

tomorrow (tues the 15th) is the $50 dollar tourney. hope some of you guys can make it. just call the number listed in the OP (not my number, but the house's).
  • congratulations to esool, who placed 4th in the tourney.

i'm glad you put my chips to use after catching that J on the river... :mad: :wink:
  • congratulations to esool, who placed 4th in the tourney.

i'm glad you put my chips to use after catching that J on the river... :mad: :wink:

Thanks. Yeah that J was sick, hitting my 3 outer. :redface:
    Good game good group of guys/girls. I'll be back, Hopefully Saturday night.