World poker Tour Chips

Hi all, just woundering if anyone uses the WPT chip set? If so how is the quality, and are the clay or plastic? Are they overpriced 'cause the have the WPT logo on them?

I currently have the clay/comp Dice design chips, which I find to be really nice chips easy to shuffle and all.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• i find the dice a bit slippery, which i really only notice when i have huge stacks of them...so not often. the wpt chips are a little grippier (a little), but still not as "secure" as clay when stacked. they're also inconsistent as far as the molding goes. you can feel little seams and burs of plastic here and there on some chips. the size of each chip is a little inconsistent as well. i do like the feel of them tho...not exactly smooth. and yes, they are overpriced because of the logo. they have them at the costco near me for $80 for a 300 set.
  • 80 bucks @ costco isn't bad at all, I'll check it out soon. As for the inconsistent size of the chips, what do you mean thickness or diameter? Thanks for the reply Dan.
  • the diameter varies slightly form chip to chip...not i big deal, but noticable in a stack
  • Thanks again Dan.
  • Dan808 wrote:
    they're also inconsistent as far as the molding goes. you can feel little seams and burs of plastic here and there on some chips. the size of each chip is a little inconsistent as well. i do like the feel of them tho...not exactly smooth. and yes, they are overpriced because of the logo. they have them at the costco near me for $80 for a 300 set.

I saw these chips at cosco yesterday and this is the worst set I have ever seen. Any "cheap" 11.5g set I have ever seen is better then these. There is no consistency from one chip to the next.
  • Checked out Costco today, I didn't think the chips were that bad they seem to have a nice feel to them, and not as metal sounding as my Dice chips, and the don't seem to be as heavy as 11.5 gram chips though. Still in my opinion not a bad set for 80 bucks. Mabey I'm not as picky as some are. To each their own, I guess. On the other hand I would not spend the $200 or so dollars(CDN), that other retailers are charging for this same set.
  • esool wrote:
    I saw these chips at cosco yesterday and this is the worst set I have ever seen. Any "cheap" 11.5g set I have ever seen is better then these. There is no consistency from one chip to the next.

Really?

I have a few of the sets and I find they get marked up less, and all have good even prints unlike the ("good") clays I have where the paint is stripping and they keep getting scratched up.

But then I also need a couple of thousand chips and price was amazing 4 months ago for $75
  • Redington wrote:
    Really?

I have a few of the sets and I find they get marked up less, and all have good even prints unlike the ("good") clays I have where the paint is stripping and they keep getting scratched up.

But then I also need a couple of thousand chips and price was amazing 4 months ago for $75

I do not think we are talking about the same chips. I am describing the WPT chips with the logo on them, not the normal dice style.
  • Redington wrote:
    Really?

Yeah not sure which chips you say you have? Are you saying you have the WPT chips and that they are better than the clay chips you have, or are you reffering to the Dice chips being better?
  • Hey guy's I just ordered a bunch of custom stamped chips from this site. The price's are good and the chips are nice.

www.5stardeal.com/deals/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=10-1055

After ordering here, I will never pay the price they charge for a set of chips again.