Advice needed

Tournament:11$ 6k GTD (pokerstars)
72 players get paid
average stack around 16k

73 players left i have a chip stack of 7.9k
me:UTG with pocket jacks

what to do?

Comments

• blinds? How has the table been playing? How have you been playing? How important is cashing to you? Or are you playing to win?
  • sn1perb0y wrote: »
    72 players get paid
    average stack around 16k

what to do?

If I have a red card or a black card I raise to take advantage of people who are afraid to bubble.
  • If I have a red card or a black card I raise to take advantage of people who are afraid to bubble.

I have a stack of half the average stack... if i raise and find someone with ace queen or better they will probably push and since i have a lower stack than they i do i am in more danger of being the bubble guy...
    I have a stack of half the average stack... if i raise and find someone with ace queen or better they will probably push and since i have a lower stack than they i do i am in more danger of being the bubble guy...

Jacks are the 4th best starting hand in poker, if I have less than 15bbs, I am shoving every time. If someone wakes up with a better hand, it wasn't meant to be.
  • compuease wrote: »
    blinds? How has the table been playing? How have you been playing? How important is cashing to you? Or are you playing to win?

Sorry i forgot about blinds, blinds were 300/600 and antes (i forgot what was the ante i think 60) and i was playing to win and not to cash. The table was kindoff a tight table mostly button vs blinds or blind vs blind. what I did is i raised it to 2400 and the guy in small blind (his chip stack was 10k) reraise it to 6.6k so i pushed and he had kks and i lost at 73rd.
  • This should be a shove. Players tend to tighten up alot on the bubble. Pushing here UTG looks very strong. If you are folding hands like JJ here then you risk of being very short in the blinds and will likely face steals from late positioners looking to abuse short stacks looking to cash. You will unlikely have a stronger hand then Jacks for atleast the next few orbits as well. Lastly, in this spot making the money shouldn't be your main concern. So what if you make the bubble being around 7k? Play loosens up alot once it burst and you still have half of average stack. In this spot you should play to win. Double up to 15-16k and be in good shape to make a deep run rather then be short stack blinding yourself into the money
  • shove. lose to A8s runner runner flush. easy game.
  • Play to win...get your chips in the middle with JJ
    72 players get paid
    average stack around 16k

what to do?

I was searching for a thread i posted before and bumped into this, I couldn't even right write a proper hand history a year ago X_X. I didn't know what to do with JJ with 13bbs. I'm so proud hehe:D
  • What happened in the hand? I would try to first look at the other active tables hoping that a shorter stack just busted on the bubble.

Would you attribute your leapfrog improvement to the U of Waterloo Poker Studies Club?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    What happened in the hand? I would try to first look at the other active tables hoping that a shorter stack just busted on the bubble.

Would you attribute your leapfrog improvement to the U of Waterloo Poker Studies Club?

90% of the people that come to play at the club, come to play for fun and they try to learn from playing. They don't play for real money nor study the game. There are 3-5 people who do play online and try to improve which i talk to a lot about the game but they are not as passionate and serious as i am. I would say the club is more of a place to help my confident and experiment some plays and also manipulate people through talking. I go to the club just to have as much fun as possible.

I feel the people in the club members really like me, which gives me a huge confidence and i make the game more entertaining by showing a card and betting blind etc etc. I could play online and try to win tournaments while i put the club as a priority to that because of the fun aspect to it.

I recently suggested to make a small mtt for 10$ and let the winners go play in Montreal Event 1 which I think is turning out great from the feedback.This would make people more passionate and enjoy the game more after playing in such a big event and in a great poker room.

Most of the improvements i had was by reading as much articles, threads and watching videos as well as reviewing my hand history. I don't like reading books as much but i have read a few as well. Also by putting some volume helped in my improvements.

What happened was i raised 3x:bs: pre and someone 3 bet from sb and i jammed with 0 fold equity and he had KK. I busted as the bubble-boy
  • LOL just re read this post. I just provided advice didn't see that it was a year old. My bad.

BTW - 3x in that spot vs jamming is a bad decision.