Letter From Bank

Has anybody with an RBC account gotten a letter like the one below yet?
We are writing this letter to set out certain operational restrictions with respect to your accounts at RBC Royal Bank. As a federally-regulated financial institution, RBC is required by law to operate within defined regulatory parameters, and has accordingly created and implemented certain policies and procedures to ensure that these restrictions and regulatory expectations are observed. One of these policy requirements restricts the use of RBC accounts to facilitate online or Internet gambling. In light of these requirements, please do not use RBC accounts in connection with online gambling activities.

Please understand that our concerns with repect to the use of your RBC accounts are serious. If you continue to use your RBC accounts in connection with online gambling activities, we may have to exit our banking relationship with you.
:-\

Comments

• Umm

"Dear RBC - kindly go fuck yourself for trying to tell me how to spend my money"

Signed

Fucking everyone
  • Wait they can use offshore employees but you can't do offshore gambling?
  • Said it before, but it bears repetition . . .

CREDIT UNIONS are your friend.
  • I've never been able to load cash from my RBC visa on to an internet poker site...it was always restricted as it is against RBC policy. This has always pissed me off. I think TD Canadatrust has implemented the same restrictions fairly recently with their credit cards (although I'm not 100% positive about this.)

Fuck the big banks....
  • Have not got this letter yet, but I stopped using moneybookers and I think it was in cad anyway.

Mind you I have a few accounts with a good sum of $$$ tied up with them but have used ecocard since they started mailing these letter's which is about the same as moneybookers and have had no issues yet.

Also no issues with instadebit.
  • I've never been able to load cash from my RBC visa on to an internet poker site...it was always restricted as it is against RBC policy. This has always pissed me off. I think TD Canadatrust has implemented the same restrictions fairly recently with their credit cards (although I'm not 100% positive about this.)

Fuck the big banks....

TD probably have had it for about 3-5 years now? That's how I initially deposited back in like 2008 and was using it to move money around sites but once it was blocked that's when I jumped aboard the Neteller bandwagon
  • think the Petro Canada Mastercard is still ok.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Umm

"Dear RBC - kindly go fuck yourself for trying to tell me how to spend my money"

Signed

Fucking everyone

It's probably not the spending they have a problem with, but rather the depositing back of winnings.
  • Time to buy bitcoins? :D
  • Vanilla mastercard in and Pokerstars will fedex a cheque out.
  • Call your bank or Credit Card. Let them know your concerns. Let them know that other banks do allow you to do as you wish with your money(in this regard), and that should RBC not like it, you will be more than happy to transfer your banking somewhere else.

This is what I had to do with CIBC. Have had zero issues with them since. It was also at a time when I wasn't a "high valued" customer. I didn't have a mortgage or a loan and my Visa was a really low limit. If you do have those, and some investments, you will be amazed at what banks will do for you.