Pokerfest III

PartyPoker's Pokerfest is finally back. The inaugural series began on October 2011 and it was supposed to be a semi-annual event but skipped the fall of 2012. Strangely, Party has just restarted its terrible cycle of reducing many tournament guarantees such as the $50,000 decrease to only $250K Guaranteed Sunday, so it is like shooting yourself in the foot and somehow expecting it to recover completely by next month! ???

The number of events has increased to 64 from 47. Just like the previous two series, the worst events to play are the points-only events because too many people play but the prize pool remains constant. For Palladium members (or those who can earn 3,000 points in one quarter at some point in the future like me and redeem for the 30% rakeback bonus), the 180 points required to play all points events are worth $27, but the value of those crowded events is much less. For Gold members (or those who can earn 1,000 points in a month in the future and redeem for the 15% rakeback bonus), the 180 points are worth $13.50, but the value of the events will probably be less. Party needs to limit the number of registrants, or increase the prize pool for every player over a certain number. Otherwise, the points events are a waste of time and points except possibly for those who are positive that they will NEVER play enough at Party to ever earn 1,000 points ($500 rake) in one calendar month.

Another blunder in the previous two series were bugs with the hand histories. HUDs did not work, so multi-tablers like me played a lot less than we would have otherwise.

The previous editions had leaderboard prizes, jackpot prizes and other promotions, but these seem to be gone from Pokerfest III. :( There does not seem to be much incentive to play any extra tournaments than you normally would.

Comments

• You used to be so pro-Party, what happened?

Regardless, some good insights in here and thanks for the heads up. Will do some research and look to spread the word. Had enough of taking tops and coops endlessly.
  • It is by far the most +EV poker room in the world that I have ever played in, but I will express my informed opinion when a poker company does things that are bad for players. Secretly rigging its software to segregate winners from the fish is a big blunder that has lost the respect of the poker community, including here and 2+2.

It is similar to me and 2 other forumers grinding during the WPT glory day$ at Fall$view Ca$ino, but I could see why so many forumers hated Fallsview and I would agree that it can do so many things better.
    jontm wrote: »
    You used to be so pro-Party, what happened?
  • First day of Pokerfest III.......epic failure

all events but the high roller appear to be cancelled due to 'technical' issues.....lol
  • jontm wrote: »
    You used to be so pro-Party, what happened?

How NOT to Run a Poker Series

Jokerfest Event #1, $350,000 Gtd, $215: :bs:
    Jokerfest #3, $75,000 Gtd, $108: :rage:
    Jokerfest #4: :rolleyes:
    Jokerfest #5, $50,000 Gtd: :'(

Even timex, ryanghall and other tilt-resistant tournament regs like me went on tilt today thanks to Party's failures.
    timex wrote:
    +1, we got robbed of a lot here
    T8urmoney wrote: »
    First day of Pokerfest III.......epic failure
    all events but the high roller appear to be cancelled due to 'technical' issues.....lol
  • i've always loved how in poker "guarantee" doesn't mean shit.
  • Pokernews: "PartyPoker is not winning many fans these days. The latest in a series of missteps: the cancellation of several tournaments in its Pokerfest III tournament series."

4Flush.com: "The Party Poker Network waited until the last minute to cancel their first Pokerfest event today. Event #1 was a $215 buyin tournament with a $350,000 prize pool. The event started with massive overlay. Party Poker paused the event for a ..."

Pokerfuse

Their headlines are not completely accurate as Event #2 did run, but these points events are only for the clueless :fish: who don't understand or don't care that they are paying at least three times the value of PartyPoints for the fixed prize pool.
  • Did they really start and then cancel an event, thats kinda funny
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Did they really start and then cancel an event, thats kinda funny

Not the word I'd choose.

#dick
    #douche
    #losers
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Pokernews: "PartyPoker is not winning many fans these days. The latest in a series of missteps: the cancellation of several tournaments in its Pokerfest III tournament series."

4Flush.com: "The Party Poker Network waited until the last minute to cancel their first Pokerfest event today. Event #1 was a $215 buyin tournament with a $350,000 prize pool. The event started with massive overlay. Party Poker paused the event for a ..."

Pokerfuse

Their headlines are not completely accurate as Event #2 did run, but these points events are only for the clueless :fish: who don't understand or don't care that they are paying at least three times the value of PartyPoints for the fixed prize pool.

finally read these in full. wtf is wrong with party?! are they trying to tank their business? friggin' morons.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    wow, sick double in the 2 big events yesterday

LUCKYDUCK456 Poker Results and Statistics - Official Poker Rankings

what a lucky duck.
  • Anybody have an idea of who the lucky Canadian luckyduck456 is? I was railing him in both the $1,060 and $350K Gtd final tables. He was a losing player until his life changed last night. There was an attempt at a 4-way deal, but luckyduck456 demanded as much money as the chipleader instead of Party's bad non-ICM defaults.
  • trigs wrote: »
    finally read these in full. wtf is wrong with party?! are they trying to tank their business? friggin' morons.

Must be run by the French. Think partouche poker tour