888 Deducting Money if you don't Log In.

Got this email from 888. Looks like they are deducting money from your account if you don't log in for a while. Greasy move if you ask me.
Your 888poker bankroll currently has $x.xx. So log in now and get into the action; because if you don't log in by 04/04/2013 10% of your bankroll balance will be deducted per month.

Comments

• Isn't that like stealing?
  • Party poker does something similar, they take $5.00 every 90 days of inactivity.
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    Party poker does something similar, they take $5.00 every 90 days of inactivity.

Seriously? That is fucking bullshit! Time to pull my cash outta there. It's not much but they shouldn't be able to siphon it off just because I'm not playing at the moment. Fucking crooks!
  • Wow, 10% per month! That's insane. $5/3mo. could be argued as an administrative fee I guess, but still the rake they take should cover that.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Seriously? That is fucking bullshit! Time to pull my cash outta there. It's not much but they shouldn't be able to siphon it off just because I'm not playing at the moment. Fucking crooks!

Yah I had .05 on there and they said they were going take $5.00 if I didn't load up and play! Crooks

Sorry it's 6months but still
  • PartyPoker will put back the fees and points they stole if you eventually return and complain, but it is a scummy practice by many poker sites and banks. If you die, it seems that poker sites will just deduct all your money instead of snail mailing or phoning the contact info in the dead account. Does PokerStars have the same policies?
  • Wondering if the sites have a requirement to have a percentage of players money available in an 'on deposit' status, for withdrawal at any given time? Banks in Canada used to have this requirement I believe, but that law has since been repealed or amended. There was a thread about this on here a couple of years ago.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    PartyPoker will put back the fees and points they stole if you eventually return and complain, but it is a scummy practice by many poker sites and banks. If you die, it seems that poker sites will just deduct all your money instead of snail mailing or phoning the contact info in the dead account. Does PokerStars have the same policies?

Not sure if stars does I'm on there every week
  • I know banks eventually will place inactive accounts into a "dormant file" if there is not activity for 6 mos. (I think), but remove funds? Unless you are referring to account fees, I do not think they are allowed to debit dormant accounts. After a year (maybe two) you actually have to go through a process with the government to get such an account released back to you, but that $$$ is yours.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Unless you are referring to account fees, I do not think they are allowed to debit dormant accounts.
    I have had many accounts with banks & other financial institutions where I just let the money stay there, but eventually they rip you off with the dormant or inactivity debits, sometimes as much as $25 per month. If you don't complain about reversing the theft, some banks and poker sites will steal all of your money. :rage:
    Wondering if the sites have a requirement to have a percentage of players money available in an 'on deposit' status, for withdrawal at any given time?
    Just like with FTP, there are few regulations to protect the poker consumer. PokerStars may be the only one that segregates player deposits. PartyPoker is the next best one as a public company that is supposed to set aside enough cash reserves to cover possible withdrawals, but it still uses our deposits to pay for Zynga, WPT and the Royal Flush Girls. >:D
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    IIf you don't complain about reversing the theft, some banks and poker sites will steal all of your money. :rage:

Don't believe it's legal, here in Canada at least, for charter banks to do that. Between your financial institution and Bank of Canada, deposits are held for 40 years... Thinks it was Bill C-37 a few years ago that changed that.

As for poker sites, meh..
  • Wow, in Canada alone there's currently almost 1/2 a billion dollars in unclaimed balances held by the Bank of Canada.

Unclaimed Balances - Bank of Canada

Did a quick google search and this practice is very common in the online poker world. Sites doing this (other than prev listed) include:
    Merge
    Ladbrokes
    Mansion

and other online sports betting sites.
  • some worse that others....remember seeing a thread on 4 about 888....one guy had I think a 5 fig balance, and they were taking 10% off monthly...that hurts alot more that $5 / month