Pokerstars on Playbook

Hi all, i've spoken with a few people here on the forum and at local tournaments about playing pokerstars on your playbook. I wanted to report that i've been able to get it working using a remote desktop application called Splashtop. Worked great for me last night. I just thought others might find this useful not being stuck to a computer to play online.

cheers
steve

Comments

• Hi all, i've spoken with a few people here on the forum and at local tournaments about playing pokerstars on your playbook. I wanted to report that i've been able to get it working using a remote desktop application called Splashtop. Worked great for me last night. I just thought others might find this useful not being stuck to a computer to play online.

cheers
    steve

Very interesting, will have to try on my BB Z10...
  • Think Pstars will ever decide to make the app available for playbook??
  • Numbnutz wrote: »
    Think Pstars will ever decide to make the app available for playbook??

not likely natively... Just not big enough numbers.
  • Not sure if the splashtop app is available for the z10 yet but I doubt ps will come out with a native app for playbook. I think our only hope is that one of the updates to the android app magically works when sideloaded onto the playbook or PokerStars makes an app for the z10 that works on the playbook when updated to bb10 OS.
  • They're supposed to include ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) capability in the next Android emulator for BB. That should increase the number of apps that can be run on BB. I'm not certain if this will only be for BB10 or across the BB spectrum. compuease would likely know best.
  • If you go into Developer mode on the Z10 does that not allow for Android apps such as the Pokerstars software to run? I thought that was BB answer to lack of Apps.

(ps, got my Z10 on Friday...love the fucking thing...no I haven't looked into playing P* on my own phone or Playbook...)
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    If you go into Developer mode on the Z10 does that not allow for Android apps such as the Pokerstars software to run? I thought that was BB answer to lack of Apps.

(ps, got my Z10 on Friday...love the fucking thing...no I haven't looked into playing P* on my own phone or Playbook...)

Yep, I am real experienced at sideloading apps on first, the Playbook, and now the Z10... FYI, if you need any help or access to a ton of apps mostly games ;)) let me know..

It is a neat device isn't it? I'm a week in and loving it more (and finding out more) every day.

Anxiously awaiting email syncing to Outlook (should be 4-6 weeks away) and Skype. (should be earlier)