Tournament with Rebuy

i'm talking about $3+rebuy tourny that Pokerstars has ... it looks really profitable
has anyone cash out from them??
i saw one where first prize was 10g
the tourny only ran 5 hours tho =.=
at the end they decided to chop the whole pot 3 way 1st 2nd and 3rd
that was about 19G in total for that
these tourny usually have around 400 people

i was wondering ...
if anyoen had any tips on playing these tourny ??

Comments

• First prize of ~$10K smells more like one of the $11+R tourneys to me. Do the $3+R prize pools really get that big too?

My advice for long term success in low-limit rebuy tourneys such as these is to make your average (total) buy-in lower than most players'. This provides an automatic overlay even if you are of average skill level.

How do you do this? Put simply, don't play as crazily as everyone else is during the rebuy period.

Can you afford to take more risks during the rebuy period because you don't fear busting out? Yes, of course. Do too many players go way overboard with this idea? Oh my, yes.

Capitalize on this broadly made, highly costly, fundamental tournament error that is being made by many of your opponents.

ScottyZ
  • my bad... lat night was a 11+R for the 10g first prize
    but these satalite seat tourny for 3 bucks .. .are they worth it .. last night iw as playing one and the guys say .. if u get a ticket ppl would actually go in the game and ask if they can buy your seat .. is that true?
  • If you win a seat to a bigger tournament (say, a Sunday $215 or $530 event) it is true that you will be able to sell your seat. What Stars does is they give you 'T' dollars, I believe, if you win your way into a big tournament and then unregister for it. Basically, for a $215 after you un-register, you'll find 215 T-dollars in your account. You can spend these however you wish... playing 21 $10 events, etc... or you can sell them to someone by posting that you have them for sale (recpoker.com is a good place to do this), or by talking to players at your tables. You'll usually have to settle for less than face value. I believe the standard purchase price for 215 T-dollars is $180 or $190 or so, but I'm not exactly sure.

BTW, the forum software is pretty seriously messed up at the moment, for me at least.
  • yup it's messed up for me too

thanx all_aces for giving me all these info
  • You can spend [T$] however you wish...

...on tournaments.

(T$ cannot be used for cash games or be cashed out.)

And I've also been getting some funky database errors on and off today. Let's think this through:

Presence of Santa Smileys = Forum A-OK!
    Santa Smileys abolished = Crashy Crashy.

Conclusion: Revenge of the Santa Smileys.

ScottyZ
  • Presence of Santa Smileys = Forum A-OK!
    Santa Smileys abolished = Crashy Crashy.

Conclusion: Revenge of the Santa Smileys

ROTFLMAO
  • We knew they'd be pissed off. It was only a matter of time before they started to organize...