Park Street Poker Pit March Satellite to Main Event

The Park Street Poker Pit
“...Offering lucrative cash games and tournaments since 2005. ”
- Pit Boss
Proudly Presents:
Satellite to the Main Event
Monday March 7th, 2005 - 7:00pm

We will be running a $20 freezeout satellite tournament where for every $100 in the pot one person will gain entry into the Main Event which will be run on March 12, 2005.
Contact parkstpokerpit@hotmail.com for details

Satellite Tournament:

1. stpboy
2. Craig S.
3. lamb_of_john
4. Steve B.
5. Redington
6. Zithal
7. Graham P.
8. Wolffhound
9. Jon Clayman
10. Cowboy Kenny
11. Dom Chow
12. B-Rain
13. Professor
14. Jason Cheesman
15. JD_BB (Brady)
16. JW
17. ItsaMe Mario
18. DrTyore Mark
19. John
20. Nordique
21. Nordique +1
22. Kader
23. Paul Stephens
24. Pete V.
25. Brent W.
26. Craig S. +1
27. Mike Goodwin
28. Roger Badley
29. Dave Rutherford
30. PunkyMisha
31. PunkyMisha +1
32. Eddy Dale

Waiting List:

1. Andrew Russell
3. Dane

Comments

• Sign me up!

Red
  • Pls put me on the Satellite list.
    I'll email for directions.

Wolffhound
  • yo shannon put me down for sure!
  • Hey Shannon,
    put me down for this one. Can I get some directions from ya please? You can send em to my message box here or email to me at sthebs@rogers.com.

Steve S.
  • hey pals - what city is this in?
  • It is in Kitchener Ontario
  • hey you have to give me the address so i can show up and it was nice to meet you
  • Ya it should be sweet ill cya guys there good luck
  • The satellite tournament is tonight. We have added two spots to make 4 tables of 8 players. If you cannot make it please reply here as soon as possible or email me so that players on the waiting list can be notified and make arangements to come. Looking forward to seeing you all tonight.

stp
  • Hey Shannon,
    Sorryman but I won't be able to make to your game tonight. I have a really bad flu and shouldn't go anywhere, much less somewhere with lots of people in close quarters. I was also recently reminded that I have a previous commitment Saturday (if I'm feeling better) so I wouldn't be able to make your main tourney anyway. I will definately keep my eyes open for any other games you might have in the future.

Shtebs, Steve S.
  • shannon its steve i just need to know what time it starts.......
    i can get there i just dont want to show up too late and miss my spot
  • Hey Shannon,

Just wanted to say thanks again for the invite and the hospitality, the satellite was fun as hell. It was great meeting all you guys too, looking forward to playing in more games with you guys.

Brady
  • No problem Brady! I'm glad you had a good time, you're a heck of a player. Congrats on your satellite entry win and good luck on Saturday, it should be a battle. Congrats to the other satellite winners: Zithal, Redington, Dom Chow, Johnnie H., and of course Steve B!

A shout out to the final table participants and those that had to bubble/blind away: Mario 7th (I was rooting for you man), Jason Cheesman 8th, Dave wolffhound 9th. Sorry you guys get pink for your efforts. I know, I know...what does 24th get....24th gets a $100 withdrawl from his bank account for Saturday's tournament. I had fun guys, hope you all did.

stp
  • It was a good time congrats to the winners hope to make it to a few more whenever u guys have them. Mario 7th place nice. right on that bubble as u said.
  • Congrats to those that won their spots.

Thanks for hosting Shannon, i enjoyed my first trip to the Pit!!!

Learned two things...watch your head...and don't play AQ against Dom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • A great time Shannon... thanks for hosting, and the NEXT time I'm gonna do much better..

Congrats to the Placers!

Mark
  • Hey. Thanks everyone for making my first live tourney so enjoyable. Thanks to those who helped organize it all and I look forward to Saturday and other tourneys in the future.

Dom
  • hey man sorry i didnt come, i thought it was today (tuesday) but oh well, maybe next time
  • Thanks Shannon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Personally, I had a blast last night! You certainly run a fine tournament.
    Since I sold my spot to Lamb_of_John, I want to wish everyone good luck on Saturday.
    Can't wait to read the results on Sunday.........

Peace out
    JohnnieH
  • Very well run tourney, so thanks to Shannon and Johhny (though you may want to single out the claustrophobic people and let them sit downstairs) and was nice to hit the money again. It also been a while since I've had a dominating stack in tournament, so I also had fun practicing being in those shoes.

My hands of note:

a) Dealt KK in EP with blinds at 20-40. I raise to 80, get one caller, flop come jack high. I bet out which gets called (meaning the player hit), turn doesn't look too dangerous, so I push all-in and he calls turning over J9, which gives him high pair, and a double-ended str8 draw. I dodge a bunch of bullets and have some ammunition.

b) Dealt A2c in MP. Early small raiser and I limp along with a few other people. Flop comes all clubs, and I'm in the hand with two of the more aggressive players in the game. I'm second to act and check both the flop and the turn, finally getting a stab from the third player. EP calls as do I. River comes a blank, EP is cautious from my call and checks, I raise enough to put LP all-in (which wasn't much). The river gave him top pair so he called his remaining chips and I make a good amount off the hand.

c) Two hands which are detailed over in the General section asking for comments.

When the final table came, one player ran into my Aces, while another got busted with AK v. AQ (AQ was the cursed hand of the night!) Leaving one stack at 825 with blinds at 150-300.

When the small stack hit the blinds, I wanted to use my chips to pressure him, and in both his blinds I got the ammo to do it. The two hands I had were AJ and A2. It was folded to me and I raised to 900 in each case. Both hands he folded, and I was called by the player behind him, who both times paired his King hand and bet into me. My bet was to put pressure on the small stack, so I quickly gave up the hand each time. (Though, I was tempted to push the second to see what he'd do. JD_BB had a good chip count, so would he be willing to risk it all, given that one player was now left with just 375 left in his stack.)

In the final hand I was UTG and threw out AQ. The short stack, two off the button, raised all in, 75 over the BB. The button then raised it to 600 with two players left to act, which, IMHO, was a very bad play. This was a chance to bust out the final player before the payoff, so I think you want as many players in the pot to reduce his chances. The raise scared off the blinds (which they should have called the raise regardless, in my opinion) and turned over a marginal A8 v. the short stacks QJ. No help came and that was the end of the tournament.

If the button had not raised and the blinds called, the short stack would have had a chance to quadruple up to (375 x 4 =) 1,500 chips. By raising, the button only limited his payoff to (375 x 2 + 300 + 150=) 1,200 chips but gave him a *much* greater chance to win the pot. Comments/thoughts/opinions?

Hopefully, I haven't used up all my luck and I'm looking forward to Saturday's tournament!!
  • Just like to say congrats to the winners and thanks to shannon for the good time on monday and the cheerleading squad.

If the button had not raised and the blinds called, the short stack would have had a chance to quadruple up to (375 x 4 =) 1,500 chips. By raising, the button only limited his payoff to (375 x 2 + 300 + 150=) 1,200 chips but gave him a *much* greater chance to win the pot. Comments/thoughts/opinions?

For the question rob ask with being the short stack invold in the hand (with the MIGHTY 375 in chips) I was glad to see the button raise and kept it heads up, because now my pot odds just went up. Unfortuately still was the end for me and I got the honour off being BUBBLE BOY!
  • [ Unfortuately still was the end for me and I got the honour off being BUBBLE BOY![/QUOTE]

For you Malt, I think it should be Bubble MAN!!!! HAW-HAW

How many people got burned with ACE-QUEEN on Monday? I almost did in the second blind level, but I paired my ACE on the river. Lucky me. :redface:

If anyone can give me tip about AQ, I'd gladly listen

JohnnieH
  • JohnnieH wrote:
    [ Unfortuately still was the end for me and I got the honour off being BUBBLE BOY!

For you Malt, I think it should be Bubble MAN!!!! HAW-HAW

How many people got burned with ACE-QUEEN on Monday? I almost did in the second blind level, but I paired my ACE on the river. Lucky me. :redface:

If anyone can give me tip about AQ, I'd gladly listen

JohnnieH[/QUOTE]

Easy enough....

FOLD IMMEDIATELY! 8) Of course, considering my night, my A-5 beat by 6-7, A-K beat by K-J, and KK beat by 2-7... sigh.

Oh well, there's always next time.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote:

Easy enough....

FOLD IMMEDIATELY! 8) Of course, considering my night, my A-5 beat by 6-7, A-K beat by K-J, and KK beat by 2 :spade: -7 :spade: ... sigh.

Mark

7 :spade: -2 :spade:

Hey did you not read my tag line? They were soooooooted :tongue::tongue::tongue:
  • It was seen ALOT on Monday night,

I beat it once with A8d, I was in the BB, itsame (Mario, who was playing some great aggressive poker) raised UTG, folded back to me, he had me covered about 10X, so,
    I moved all in, mario called...only an 8 hit and i doubled up (sorry Mario).

AQ was then seen 2 or 3 times in the next 5/6 hands, losing twice to inferior starting hands that improved while it didn't. The only time AQ didn't lose in the kitchen is when 2 players (Paul and Ty) had moved in....when they flipped...BOTH had AQ!

When we split down to 2 tables, Dom (hughazz) moved all in with A8h, I called from the BB with AQ...Dom flopped trip's. There went half my stack moving to the final 9.

Blinds at 150/300 i think (or 300/600)...but, huge compared to my 1100 in chips.

I finally moved in with you guessed it...AQ (UTG +3) and the table had all just folded to the BB on the previous hand. Dom once again got the better of me and I was out in 9th as Dom flipped over AKo!!!!

Johnnie H might be right...FOLD AQ.

The Pit was great, the table upstairs was a great place to start...Itsame sent most of them packing, but, it was fun.
  • Yea I got lucky going against AQ with my A8h flopping a set of 8s.
    But before that hand I did go all in preflop with AQc and someone called me with A3h. I ended up with a flush...so I guess there were a few exceptions to the AQ curse lol.

Dom
  • you put my chips to good use Dom!!

Good luck on Saturday in the main event.
  • Can you add my friend Brandon to the list?...he would like to play.