The Park Street Poker Pit
“...Offering lucrative cash games and tournaments since 2005. ”
- Pit Boss
Proudly Presents:
An Evening of No-Limit Texas Hold’em
Saturday, March 12th, 2005 - 4:00pm
(please arrive by 3:30 to assure seat)
$100 buy-in for 2000 chips
There is a maximum of 36 players for this event. A $20 satellite tournament will be run on Monday March 7th, 2005 at 7pm. The satellite and the Main Event will both be freezeout tournaments.
Contact parkstpokerpit@hotmail.com for details

Comments

• Main Event:

1. stpboy
    2. lamb_of_john *paid*
    3. Zithal *won*
    4. Carrigan
    5. Peter C
    6. SweetJimmi
    7. Baer
    8. Redington *won*
    9. Geoff C.
    10. Graham I.
    11. John L.
    12. Jason Cheesman
    13. Stefan S.
    14. Andrew R.
    15. Mark Radoja
    16. Pete V.
    17. Nordique
    18. T.J.
    19. Larry L.
    20. Dave Rutherford
    21. Ryan "Duggy"
    22. JD_BB (Brady) *won*
    23. Marc D.
    24. Magithighs
    25. Sam Rich
    26. Jon
    27. Craig S.
    28. Rob
    29. Steve B. *won*
    30. Dom Chow *won*
    31. Adeel Zaman
    32. Cory "folded"
    33. Brandon
    34. Kevin Arsen
    35. Francis
    36. Jody
  • hey shannon put me down for the satelite, ill be their for sure
  • NM. I just learned to read. I'm very interested, especially since my 2 asshat friends are going
  • LoL. Woodman is deadmoney...I almost forgot ask him if he wants to come.
  • Hey Shannon, I'd like in.
  • Xsqueezeme wrote:
    Hey Shannon, I'd like in.

Cool, you're in. Can you email me at parkstpokerpit@hotmail.com so I can send you the directions. Thanks.
  • Here is the blind schedule if anyone is interested:

Blind Scedule:

Increase at 25 minute increments

10/20
    15/30
    20/40
    30/60
    *break*
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    150/300
    *break*
    200/400
    300/600
    400/800
    600/1200
    *break*
    1000/2000
    1500/3000
    2000/4000
    3000/6000
  • sweetjimmi wrote:
    LoL. Woodman is deadmoney...I almost forgot ask him if he wants to come.

Oh, he can get in for half price then :wink:

stp
  • After the horse he pulled out of his a$$ last night half price would be a very bad idea!
  • Hey Shannon,

Just wanted to say thanks again for the invite and the hospitality, the satellite was fun as hell. It was great meeting all you guys too, looking forward to playing in more games with you guys. Especially saturday.

Brady :club:
  • Six spots left all. Let me know as soon as you can if you cannot make it or would like to play. Thanks all and see you Saturday at 4pm.

stp
  • So what's the payout format?
  • 45%
    25%
    15%
    10%
    5%

cool?
  • STP

Still spots. A new guy looking to play. let me know.

I believe we spoke on email last week re tables.
  • folded wrote:
    STP

Still spots. A new guy looking to play. let me know.

I believe we spoke on email last week re tables.

Hey yeah we spoke re: tables. It would be great to meet yet another forum member, send me an email and I'll save you a spot. I plan on winning this event so It would be great if as many forumers were there to witness it as possible :D

stp
  • stpboy wrote:
    45%
    25%
    15%
    10%
    5%

cool?

Lets see

Tyson
    John
    Rob
    Brady
    Dom

then you guessed it...... Shannon, got a Tshirt for the bubble Shannon?
  • Redington wrote:
    then you guessed it...... Shannon, got a Tshirt for the bubble Shannon?

Yes, I will give one of my own t-shirts to myself when I bubble :D. I'm bringing my A-game this Saturday so watch out A:heart: K:heart: Q:heart: J:heart: 10:heart: every hand!!!

stp
  • Sign up quick guys if you havent. we are almost full. there is only One spot left for tomorrow. shannon and i are going to have a waiting list too if we need it.

thanks guys.

johnny
  • See you this evening Biatches!!!!
  • Hey shannon,

Once again great tourney, really enjoyed it. Would you be able to post the standings for those of us not able to stay to the end?

Ps. Double bubble should get johnny's shirt......
    Pps. Sam says bubble should get johnny's pants.....

thanks man,
    Brady
  • Well done -- had a blast and if presto woulda held up, I'd still be playing. Thanks for a great time.

Cheers
    Magi
  • Shannon

Thanks for the game. Good times.

Will definitely be in for a game next time.
    Cory
  • Thanks a lot was fun guys. I look forward to the next one :spade:
  • Well it was a great time tonight. Glad the police didn't come over and bust us for all of this "illegal activity" lol. The final results are as follows:

Final Table:

9. Mark Radoja
    8. Pete V. "peteski"
    7. JD_BB Brady
    6. Sam Rich
    5. Steve B. ($150)
    4. stpboy ($280)
    3. Stefan S. ($430)
    2. Andrew R. ($720)
    1. Baer ($1295)

Excellent competition tonight and some great fun, thanks all for coming out. I will see you all next time and post later about some memorable hands that I had throughout the night.

stp
  • Betholdem.com is offering a new player freeroll everyday. There is only about 100 players in the tourney so its easy to cash. There is no deposit needed.
  • Great game Stp...so um whens the next one?

Tyson
  • I'm thinking of doing one at my house with dealers, home built poker tables and the whole ten yards in April or early May in North Waterloo. Thinking 30-40 guys with about a $100 buy-in with top 5 or 6 paid out.

Does anyone know of any dates that may conflict already in April. Don't want to double book over any other local tournies booked already.

Send me an email to cmcrae12@yahoo.ca if you would be interested in attending.

Let me know
    Cory
  • Great tournament Stpboy,
    Thanks to you and Kate for everything,
    I had a great time and learned a bunch about my game too...
    duggy
  • Great tourney Shannon, had a great time.
    Does anyone know of any dates that may conflict already in April. Don't want to double book over any other local tournies booked already.

April 16, I'm running a $120 buy-in in London with approx. 100 players.
  • Thanks for the accolades guys, the tournament wouldn't run so well without the help of several people including: John Adams, Zithal, Redington, Duggy, Drtyore and Wolffhound. So thank you to those mentioned above and those that were not mentioned for helping out, truly appreciated.

A couple of interesting hands that I had early on in the tournament for your viewing pleasure:

Blinds 30/60, my stack is at about 3500. Average is 2400. I'm in the SB with 66. Two early postion players, me and the BB limp in to see the flop.

UTG "Brady" (3000TC)- Excellent player that I have only played with once but I was impressed with his game knowledge and knew that If I was in a hand with him he would have something strong.
    SweetJimmi- Jimmi is UTG+1 (2600TC). Somewhat tricky player with an obviously strong knowledge of the game. He could be playing anything.
    Hero (3500TC)- I have been playing very aggressively but showing a tonne of hands, I have the goods several times. Mixing mygame up a lot by limping/raising with JJ, QQ and raising/limping with 55, KQ etc.

Flop 6:club: 8:spade: 10:diamond:

Hero Checks, BB Checks.
    Brady bets out 150
    Jimmi Calls
    Hero raises to 350, BB Folds.
    Brady looks over at me, shakes his head and puts a crooked smile on his face as if to say "you didn't!". Brady calls the extra 200.
    Jimmi reluctantly folds.

Turn K:heart:

I'm concerned with the quick call from Brady and the crooked smile he gave me, I can't see him raising me but I'm not about to check a set and let him take away the pot on me. I'm thinking overpair or A10. I bet out another 350.
    Brady calls right away and it doesn't appear as though he is getting away from whatever is in his hand anytime soon.
    I need to rethink what he has....hmmmm.

River 2:spade:

Again I bet out 350.
    Brady calls.

I show my set of sixes here and he flips over his set of eights. I wasn't surprised at all for some reason. I was extremely happy with how little I lost on this hand and how I didn't get trigger happy.

Next hand that I was extremly happy with.

Im UTG+1 with A:spade: Q:spade: . I have (2900TC) blinds are 50/100. I make it 350 to go.
    Chip leader at our table, another guy who I respect and has been playing fairly tight raises me to 900 total.

I go into the tank and try to think about the range of hands he could have. I eliminate AJ, A10, KQ, KJ etc. He could have any pair, AK or AQ. AQ of course is less likely due to the fact that I have those cards. I fold after not wanting or needed to take a coin flip and not feeling like there is anyway I am ahead. Monkey man that says "you could hit your flush though" gets pushed into the toilet. I fold and lay the hand face up saying "nice hand". He flips over A:heart: K:heart: .

Nothing to interesting here but wanted to document my progress in laying off the trigger. I saw some very reactive calls last night and was glad I had the faith and paitence to wait it out for me to get into a position where I knew I was ahead. Thoughts?

stp