TCOOP HR Winner

His name showed up on OPR.....something smells funny

JEREMIADE Poker Results and Statistics - Official Poker Rankings

Biggest cash......$382k....next biggest, 1.8k

Normally plays $1 - $33 tourneys, and not much volume. Somehow enters TCOOP Highroller and wins? No sattelite win shown, so I assume he bought in?

Comments

• or he's a cash player?

or maybe he used his juan time?
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    His name showed up on OPR.....something smells funny

JEREMIADE Poker Results and Statistics - Official Poker Rankings

Biggest cash......$382k....next biggest, 1.8k

Normally plays $1 - $33 tourneys, and not much volume. Somehow enters TCOOP Highroller and wins? No sattelite win shown, so I assume he bought in?

I don't think it's unreasonable...I hardly play online (never now that I'm in the US) and could easily decide one day to enter a 2k online event.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    could easily decide one day to enter a 2k online event.

cau(bullshit)gh
    cau(bullshit)gh

I likely wouldn't, but just saying there are winning live players with an appropriate bankroll to play an online 2k event if they are in the mood.
  • Maybe he got staked by a wealthy friend??, or he sold some action??
  • I mean his next biggest was 1,8k :P
  • He did win 6500 back in 2011, and 4k another time. I think GTA's right about this one, he's probably a live player with a decent roll.
  • you think he let some American use his account to avoid the taxes? hey, im up for that deal any day!
    I likely wouldn't, but just saying there are winning live players with an appropriate bankroll to play an online 2k event if they are in the mood.

would that same player play a $0.02 tourney the day before?....I mean, he did cash for $0.10
    would that same player play a $0.02 tourney the day before?....I mean, he did cash for $0.10

maybe he was playing his rush
  • Most likely a ghost account using team viewer. Been speaking lately in my travels to US online players and that's the way they are playing online and ghosting accounts.
  • Most likely a ghost account using team viewer. Been speaking lately in my travels to US online players and that's the way they are playing online and ghosting accounts.
    How does that work? (Ghosting Accounts)
  • How does that work? (Ghosting Accounts)

Essentially US players who didn't move abroad have teamviewer where they can take over a players computer who has access to PS and ftp and play online.

When I was in mohegan sun this was being discussed at the tourney table I was at.
  • Essentially US players who didn't move abroad have teamviewer where they can take over a players computer who has access to PS and ftp and play online.

When I was in mohegan sun this was being discussed at the tourney table I was at.
    This is sooooo easy to setup, or have logmein setup on a pc at a friend/relatives place outside the US to play whenever you want... I'm sure lots are doing it..
    VPN ftw.
    That's so 2010... ;) but doeable as well.
  • compuease wrote: »
    This is sooooo easy to setup, or have logmein setup on a pc at a friend/relatives place outside the US to play whenever you want... I'm sure lots are doing it..

That's so 2010... ;) but doeable as well.

Are you saying that a VPN would not be detectable by Stars? Somehow I doubt it.
  • My roomie in van is American, he used a VPN once

Banned for life

He was SNE too lol
    Are you saying that a VPN would not be detectable by Stars? Somehow I doubt it.
    costanza wrote: »
    My roomie in van is American, he used a VPN once

Banned for life

He was SNE too lol

This. VPN's (and proxy servers) are fairly easy to detect.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    This. VPN's (and proxy servers) are fairly easy to detect.
    However both logmein in and teamviewer would be impossible to detect as it is no different than being at that location... They are neither proxies nor vpn's...

However if the Stars software was allowed to scan your pc for either of these program stubs then Stars could presumeably see that you have them on your computer. Not sure if that would be enough for them to ban you though.
  • I know from my trip in dec @ mohegan sun it was going on as a spoke to a former "online beast" that didn't move when black friday came and he's been making money doing this. So I assume if he is doing it, he's not the only one.

I guess we have to wait to see if pokerstars adds this to it's scan.