Raked Hands Played

What exactly does this mean? I have to play so many raked hands to get $25 bonus but i'm not sure what i have to do?

Since i signed i played in 3 tournys and my raked hand count is still at 0.

thanks

Comments

• Raked hands only happen in cash/ring games where the house (site) takes a percentage out of the pot.

Now in your situation it depends on what site you are at. Most sites count a raked hand as any hand that you are dealt in, in which a rake is taken. Some sites require you to actually invest money to the pot to count towards your bonus redemption (which takes much longer to clear).

As far as tourneys go, there is no rake. They charge a fee. At some sites the use a point system to clear bonuses and others only count raked hands.
    Hope I helped.
  • Tournament hands almost never count as raked hands.

The definition of raked hand varies a lot from site to site. Check out the website of the place you're playing to find this info, and contact their support if you can't easily find what a raked hand is.

Generally a raked hand is a cash game where there is rake taken. Some common further details you will probably find:

1. Often the amount of rake has to be a minumum size.

2. In many cases you must be playing a certain minimum limit.

3. Sometimes the hand must be dealt to a minimum number of active players.

4. At most sites, it is sufficient for you to have been dealt into the hand. However, the occasional site requires you to actually contribute money to the pot yourself to be counted as having played a raked hand.

ScottyZ
  • I'm playing at Party Poker. I'll play in other rooms and see if that helps.
  • At Party a raked hand is any hand you've been dealt into that had a raked pot. You don't need to play the hand, you can fold your hole cards. As long as the pot is raked at the end of the hand it counts.
  • At Party a raked hand is any hand you've been dealt into that had a raked pot.

IIRC, this is so for limit cash games $0.50/$1.00 and higher. (Which again IIRC is the lowest limit they offer.) But is there a minumum rake amount at Party, say for NL cash games?

ScottyZ
  • thanks...i just played 17 raked hands at .50/1 limites

its pretty good...i need to play more so i can get that $25 bonus..... and i just made a cool 28 bucks playing it too.

hehe
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    IIRC, this is so for limit cash games $0.50/$1.00 and higher. (Which again IIRC is the lowest limit they offer.) But is there a minumum rake amount at Party, say for NL cash games?

ScottyZ

Hmmm....I don't believe there is a difference but I wasn't able to find anything on their site either. There may very well be. Amazing how little info they give in regards to bonuses.