facing a reraise on a dry flop with AA?

The game in question is 1/2 NLHE. Effective stacks about $300. I have a TAG image and I c-bet nearly every flop, but opponent has only sat at the table for a handful of hands so far.

I get AA in late position facing a LAG (relatively new at the table) early position raise to $12 (no callers), I 3-bet to $35, it folds around to him and he calls. Flop comes J74 rb. He checks, I lead out for $45 and he shoves all-in, I have him covered by maybe $15. I put him on either KK or QQ or any suited broadway. I can't see him shoving with a set on a dry board.

Needless to say, I called and he turns over J7s.

To continue with this, how do you guys face a big fish/LAG reraise on a dry flop with AA? I always seem to fold if I've been folding a lot or playing well, and call if I'm fed up with a bad streak, with mixed results. How do you handle this situation?

Comments

• guess its good to know what kind of hands this LAG has showed down before. You concluded he was a LAG somehow. If you put him on QQ or KK, then call. If he is a cannon, its an easy call.

LAGs will call with any two cards so he could have J7, 47 or J4 or my favourite 56. As noted, don't think he has a set, unless he knows you will call the shove with an overpair. I always hate calling off my stack with one pair in a cash game. Really player dependant.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    guess its good to know what kind of hands this LAG has showed down before. You concluded he was a LAG somehow. If you put him on QQ or KK, then call. If he is a cannon, its an easy call.

LAGs will call with any two cards so he could have J7, 47 or J4 or my favourite 56. As noted, don't think he has a set, unless he knows you will call the shove with an overpair. I always hate calling off my stack with one pair in a cash game. Really player dependant.

He was calling a lot pre-flop, and making big moves post-flop, without a showdown yet, and he'd made about $100 from this already, so I concluded he was a fish trying to intimidate the table. I always seem to find myself in these top pair/overpair dry flops and a calling station goes crazy on me raising my c-bet big or betting big before I can c-bet, and I have no idea what to do but fold because I feel whatever he is going crazy with I can't beat.
  • He was calling a lot pre-flop, and making big moves post-flop, without a showdown yet, and he'd made about $100 from this already, so I concluded he was a fish trying to intimidate the table. I always seem to find myself in these top pair/overpair dry flops and a calling station goes crazy on me raising my c-bet big or betting big before I can c-bet, and I have no idea what to do but fold because I feel whatever he is going crazy with I can't beat.

call.
  • Just a suggestion, but you might want to indicate there is a results portion to the post in white text below or something like that. I just noticed that it was there after re-reading the post again.
  • never noticed the white, told you so :)
  • It's an easy call. Specially if he was bullying,he just got lucky.he may of put you on an over pair and figured your would lay down the check raise. In the long run it's plus ev
  • I'd call. You're C betting a lot so your opponent is likely to push with a lot of 1 pair hands, given his playstyle. Plus there's almost 400 in the pot already, another reason I'll take a stand.
  • There's a time and place to fold AA. This is not it.
  • He's played a handful of hands but you know he is LAG based on 20 minutes of play?

Wat?
  • Of course you call on that flop to a LAG. He could easily be getting out of line with worse.

And you're still live. If you spike an ace or pair up the board, you stack him.

As played, you should pat the table, say "Nice hand" and reload to get your money back.