Oh, to be Daniel

Check out the latest blog update here...
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-journal.php?subaction=showfull&id=1109752683&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Pretty crazy stuff, even for him as he says. I get antsy when I'm a few hundred down...LoL...guess I shouldn't sweat the small stuff...LoL!

Comments

• wow. I wonder what his bankroll is
  • I can honestly just see him laughing his ass off while typing that blog entry.

Even he must have been marvelling at typing that he was stuck over a million, that and the beating he was going to get from his sweet old mom
  • I think the lesson comes in one of his lines "Yes my cherry was broken (loss > 1Mil) but my spirits weren't". I find that when I'm losing, it sometimes breaks my spirits and this is what makes it even worse all round. Great quote!

Cheers
    Magi
  • He flew his assistant to SanDiego to pick up his truck and drive it back. Even his assistant has a cooler job then me.
  • Phil finally turned to me and said, "You finally broke your cherry." <--HiLIGHT of the blog!
  • He, himself, admits being down over a million would have been a big issue.

I'd put his bankroll in the 5-10 million range. I'm sure he's worth waaaaaaay more than that now but he wouldn't keep it all in ready cash, devoted to poker. So he was into it for 10-20%. That is pretty significant.
  • I'm sure hes invested money. And if he ever goes broke, there will be a lineup of backers to pay for him to play.
  • After the game at the madison next Wed, he might even quailfy for a chance to win a seat to the 2005 WSOP. He lives the good life I tell you ...