Options

Running it twice

Just wanted thoughts?

I know it reduces variance on all ins but how are your feelings on it?

I typically play PLO cash games online and have been playing bad/getting it in bad of late , and running it twice has helped Alot since I'm running above EV

On the other hand, it sucks to get it in with crushing equity to get pwned , especially on the second board after winning the first one, I really hate not scooping lol especially in 70/30's or worse :-[

Not sure if I should be running it once or twice, I would love to hear your guys thoughts on it. (when to run it twice, if I should be at all, and any general insight)

Thanks.

Comments

• Everything you said here is contradictory...

You say

A: "I typically play PLO cash games online and have been playing bad/getting it in bad of late"

but then you say that "running it twice has helped Alot since I'm running above EV
    " Which is definitively the opposite.

Further... you say " it sucks to get it in with crushing equity" which adds credence to the above EV statement, but further negates the playing bad / getting in bad assertion. This is compounded when you mention you "hate not scooping lol especially in 70/30's or worse".

The most honest thing to say in this case, and anyone commenting after what I am saying is just shit-talking, is that you're either A: full of shit and know it or B: Seeking attention and should really grow the fuck up.

Much love

Mark

P.S. - upon further review, I realize that my conclusions are not necessarily mutually exclusive
  • Sigh

Just stating different scenarios, overall I've been playing bad, but running it twice has saved me a few times

Other times im on the other end of the spectrum

This sample is over a few thousand hands, not just one session

Stop being a fucking nit picker and starting shit, go jerk off to some 90's wwf tapes and leave me and poker strat alone
  • Running it twice will never save you, just reduce the varience as you said, if you want the protection of splitting a pot once in a while when you're a bit behind you have to give up a few splits when you're ahead, seems to make sense :P
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Running it twice will never save you, just reduce the varience as you said, if you want the protection of splitting a pot once in a while when you're a bit behind you have to give up a few splits when you're ahead, seems to make sense :P

Ah yes, ty sir

So should I run it twice all the time then?

I'm wondering if over short samples if it's bad and over large samples (lots and lots of hands) it's good...

Need to research this some more...
  • also, I played 3/3 omaha live with a single bullet, got it with AKK7 vs AJ55 on Q107 after repotting pre, I run it thrice, guy hits 3 flushes, good times ^^'
  • All I can say is, if you are playing within bankroll, why run it more than once? If you are a good player then you should be getting it in good more often that not so why give up equity for less variance... Simple.. Makes for good tv at high stakes but online? meh...
  • compuease wrote: »
    All I can say is, if you are playing within bankroll, why run it more than once? If you are a good player then you should be getting it in good more often that not so why give up equity for less variance... Simple.. Makes for good tv at high stakes but online? meh...

People don't really like swings but you make a good point about beating the rake easier if you run it once. You don't give up any equity other than rake tho

Also if you know your villain will run it twice that kinda allows you to put slightly more pressure on him to maximize your fold equity with draws and such but if the villain is running it twice he will also know that you might be doing that
  • costanza wrote: »
    Sigh

Just stating different scenarios, overall I've been playing bad, but running it twice has saved me a few times

Other times im on the other end of the spectrum

This sample is over a few thousand hands, not just one session

Stop being a fucking nit picker and starting shit, go jerk off to some 90's wwf tapes and leave me and poker strat alone

You're not though...

In this case you're using poker strategy as the vehicle, but every thread you've started of late, and most of your posts have been attention seeking. If you don't see it, then you need someone to say it, and not just to mock / troll you, but to inform. If you'd rather not have that, alright.

Mark
  • Running it once gives you a larger metagame edge vs under-rolled players. This is the biggest reason to run it ONCE.

However, this assumes that you are properly rolled and that you are a winning player

#fail

#[ ] pro
  • What does metagame have to do with how many times u run a board?

I literally don't think any more or any less of anyone running it once or twice online
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    You're not though...

In this case you're using poker strategy as the vehicle, but every thread you've started of late, and most of your posts have been attention seeking. If you don't see it, then you need someone to say it, and not just to mock / troll you, but to inform. If you'd rather not have that, alright.

Mark

Just shut the fuck up.

Ty.
    People don't really like swings but you make a good point about beating the rake easier if you run it once. You don't give up any equity other than rake tho

Also if you know your villain will run it twice that kinda allows you to put slightly more pressure on him to maximize your fold equity with draws and such but if the villain is running it twice he will also know that you might be doing that

This is an excellent point
  • costanza wrote: »
    Just shut the fuck up.

Ty.

Kk

Mark
  • recall one time being able to convince a player with AA to run it twice when I had KK. Told him the K was coming for sure on the flop and he agreed to it. K hit on the second board :)
  • I do what doyle does...run it once
  • I do what doyle does...run it once
    +1. When I first saw them running it twice on poker after dark a couple years back, I thought to myself why would the guy ahead agree to run it twice?
  • +1. When I first saw them running it twice on poker after dark a couple years back, I thought to myself why would the guy ahead agree to run it twice?

because he is under rolled for the game he is playing
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    because he is under rolled for the game he is playing

This is not the only reason to run it twice. And to piggypie, it doesn't matter if you're ahead of behind when you decide to run it twice, it doesn't change anything
    This is not the only reason to run it twice. And to piggypie, it doesn't matter if you're ahead of behind when you decide to run it twice, it doesn't change anything

it's the main reason...if you are properly rolled and your opponents are not then running it once is +EV
  • +1. When I first saw them running it twice on poker after dark a couple years back, I thought to myself why would the guy ahead agree to run it twice?

I think they did that more in an attempt to add some drama to some hands, knowing that the odd time it would result in a crazy result and hopefully they had the cameras running. For those rare instances, it makes great TV (like when Phil H was crushed on the Big Game by the rookie).

I never run it more than once.