how to turn on the heat

as we all know poker is a game of decisions, these decisions can gain us a fourtune or lose us a stack. Some decisions are made voluntarily but most are forced upon us by other players. what i learned is there are 4 levels of heat:

pre flop
flop
turn
river

so my question is as poker players what hands do you usually raise with in preflop to get some players to fold to get a higher yield from your starting cards?

if your playing the flop would you raise out of position ex flush draw, straight draw?...(Ive heard this isn't the best idea but most players do it anyways.

when the turn hits and you don't have the nuts ex a pair, would you keep playing or tuck your tail between your legs

and the river is pretty self explanatory

this is my first post and am just curious what goes in others minds when making these decisions

peace and love

Comments

• i like to cokeacolaonetime and then blend on the turn, bonking the river is sweet

i love the soft 18 mans on full tilt...giraffes? nah

comma man

moving couches into a starbucks would be sweet, sweet coin
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    i like to cokeacolaonetime and then blend on the turn, bonking the river is sweet

i love the soft 18 mans on full tilt...giraffes? nah

comma man

moving couches into a starbucks would be sweet, sweet coin
    I'm pretty sure that you confused the hell out of this guy, LOL. :D

Welcome to the forum nas0071!
  • It's kinda nice to know that I've been here long enough since I got most of those references