Ok Wetts, here is a hand for you.

Wetts1012 wrote: »
Not a tournament.

25 people left from 180. Blinds 1500/3000. Money starts at 18. Sitting 4th.

I am BB almost 490ish k and get AK clubs.

UTG raises 12k. Folded to small blind, who re-raises to 48k with another 280 back.

UTG has 250k.

What is the correct play?

Prophet22

Comments

• costanza wrote: »
    cold 4

? ? ? ?
  • Mixed queens
  • ? ? ? ?

4 bet to like 105 to induce and snap
  • I don't post much in strategy since my resume is non-existent, but I would fold. AKo isn't a strong enough hand for me to tango with a UTG raise and then a reraise. You can probably find a better spot especially considering your stack size. It would help if you mentioned what kind of players the other two are and if you have any reads.

Edit: just read that it was AK suited. Another reason I don't post much strategy, I don't know how to read.
  • What year. 4x pre n 4x 3b? Also, live or online?
  • Also, Im getting on a flight to Dubai in less than an hour so someone else will have to answer.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    What year. 4x pre n 4x 3b? Also, live or online?

it was online 2011. Why the distinction? I beginning to think I am at the bottom of the poker class again.
  • This seems like a really deepstacked tourney lol, any reads on villains?
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    This seems like a really deepstacked tourney lol, any reads on villains?

Yea there is a million chips between the 3 players in the history.

Assuming the remaing players have like 80k avg then starting stack was 15k?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Also, Im getting on a flight to Dubai in less than an hour so someone else will have to answer.
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Yea there is a million chips between the 3 players in the history.

Assuming the remaing players have like 80k avg then starting stack was 15k?

Are you there yet?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Are you there yet?

Yes, and youve got that fancyIP thingy that can prove it.
  • it was online 2011. Why the distinction? I beginning to think I am at the bottom of the poker class again.

Oh come on, Brent, as long as I am around, you're never going to be bottom of the curve. It's my one saving grace.
  • Lean towards folding. Why get involved with two stacks who can hurt you while holding Ace high? There are better spots to use your stack to control the table.

Yes you can hit a home run and have a monster stack, but why risk ending up a shorty and limping to the finish line.

If you have faith in your skill, there's no reason to get involved and you can be more patient.
  • Lean towards folding. Why get involved with two stacks who can hurt you while holding Ace high? There are better spots to use your stack to control the table.

Yes you can hit a home run and have a monster stack, but why risk ending up a shorty and limping to the finish line.

If you have faith in your skill, there's no reason to get involved and you can be more patient.

My thoughts actually. I fold and UTG calls.

flop comes 3 clubs. small blind shoves. UTG folds his AK

BTW I did win this tournament so obviously either way I played it, it turned out ok. I just want Wetts thought as a successful online tournament player after busting my balls about my cash game. LOL

Prophet22
  • Nits gonna nit