How you would play it?

So I want to take a few days with this and see how you would play it.

It is an underground club in Toronto before I left.

There has been two tables $1 – $2; 6 per table and I took 150.00 up to 1500.00. (I know sounds hard to believe, but true.) People leave and we are told we are merging with the other table and drew for spots. I get seat 5 and in seat 3 there is a guy playing with 4 racks of nickels plus had about 500 in chips in front of him. In seat 7, a girl has twin towers that were at least 12” high (of nickels) plus she was well on her way with a third stack. Everyone else is 500.00 or below. And yes it was a 1 – 2 game but it played like a 5/5 game I am guessing because first raise was always double digits. At least it was before the merge.

Anyway back to the story.

No way I am going to tango with either of those two stacks. I thought it was wrong to leave when asked to merge so I decided to play a few hands and then leave. First hand I get a mix pair of Queens. UTG (who came over with me) raised to 20.00. First big stack folds and then another, now it is to me. What is play? SEE OPTIONS BELOW My thought was 60.00. IF THE TWIN TOWERS re-raise (and I don’t know her, we moved to her table) then it is probably a fold. Correct? She however folds as does everyone except the BB who makes it 150.00. UTG then folds. Now what is the play? BEFORE YOU READ BELOW WHAT I SAW AS MY OPTIONS A LITTLE HISTORY ON THE GIRL

Now, I know this woman, we have a mutual dislike for each other, I have already taken her for 600.00 at the short 6 man table so she is capable of anything (in my mind to get her money back) because she can just shove the flop, to get me to fold because she knows that 1500.00 is a month’s salary for me and knows I don’t have a bank roll; just play when I get enough together to go play for the night.

What is the 1st play? (Part A)

a) Flat the 20.00 and let someone else take the lead and then make decision.
b) Raise to 60.00 knowing you can and should fold to a re-raise
c) Raise to 40.00 looking for someone else to re-raise later
d) Count it a night well done and leave when the tables merged.
e) An option I may have missed.

What is the 2nd play? (Part B) Tell me her realistic range.

a) Flat the 150.00
b) Re-raise, if so how much.
c) All-in, protect probably the best hand.
d) Fold, count it as a loss and leave with a profit.
e) Another option I missed.

Prophet22

There is a big blank that has text in white once you know your answer, you can see what I did for part A

Comments

• Mixed queens.

Will respond when I have internet and don't have to type on my phone but you should have cashed out. Don't play with scared money. When deep you want to play hands with the other deep stacks.
  • wtf are mixed Q's? Is there another kind, ie suited Q's?
  • compuease wrote: »
    wtf are mixed Q's? Is there another kind, ie suited Q's?

Maybe same color is not mixed. Interracial queens?
  • compuease wrote: »
    wtf are mixed Q's? Is there another kind, ie suited Q's?

One red one black . Hearts and Clubs as opposed to two red queens hearts and diamonds etc
  • One red one black . Hearts and Clubs as opposed to two red queens hearts and diamonds etc

ah, that makes a difference... ;) Fold...
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Mixed queens.

When deep you want to play hands with the other deep stacks.

And that advice might just be the flaw with my game period. But need further thinking.
  • , a girl has twin towers that were at least 12”

pics.
  • b)Raise to 60.00 knowing you can and should fold to a re-raise

Before I read the options this is what I had in my mind.

Tough one like to hear how it turns out.
  • Yeah, if I had to choose, I would go with (B). But, imo, I agree with GTA, there is nothing that says you needed to stick around when they decided to merge the two tables. Me, I would have taken the opportunity to say, "ya know, I think I am going to head out, as well." But then again, for me, that kind of profit would be a significant boost to my discretionary funds.
  • Not a tournament.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Not a tournament.

This is the type of post I would get beat up over for bad sentence. Your status gives you a pass on negativity. nh
  • No, its just a fact.

You cant justify "finding a better spot" etc in a cash game. Your goal is to take all edges. If you give up edges because you dont want to tangle with similar stacks than they win, and you lose. At that point you should just leave.

In a tournament, when it comes to bubbles and ICM and all that you can sometimes justify not wanting to deal with similar big stacks, although I usually take the opposite approach.
  • I also have a tendency to punt huge stacks at final tables though, so what do I know.

#firstorlast