EBAY Shipping costs?

I have just recently signed up on Ebay.com, you may have heard of it:eek:
Anyway I'm looking to buy some chips and things and find that everyone that is selling chips has a differnt shipping cost. Anywhere from $30 to $90, are people just covering their own costs and hiding it in the shipping?

"you can buy these wonderful poker chips with a picture of Janet Jackson's breast on it from the superbowl for only $1.99!!" *shipping to Canada $635.99.

What is a good price for shipping from the US to Canada via UPS? I understand that you'll pay more for a heavier chip and for 1000 chips rather then 500. I'm talking 500 or 650 chips, good shipping rate. Help a brother out.

stp

Comments

• I suggest contacting Woodman at the PlayasClub directly. He will hook you up and you could prabably save the shipping costs by picking up your chips the next time your in London.
  • When looking for the chips, select a Canadian vendor. They are a few. I bought mine from one out of Mississauga and the shipping was only around $30 (which is really high). So I picked it up. All told I spent $68 CAD including taxes and a "pick up fee" for a case of 500 11.5 Chips and two decks of cards. They were good quality and I was happy with them. The company "Gamblers Wholesale" won't let me bid on their product anymore, though. I have no clue why. I picked up my stuff the day after the bid was successful. I would try and use them. You will no doubt save money if you bid smart.
  • i just pm'd stpboy telling him that i've always liked gamblerswholesale as well...and, yeah, if u can, save about half the shipping by picking up. and they have a TON of auctions, so just keep watching them...i mean don't...yeah, forget all about them...and ebay...;-)
  • I'd be happy to hook you up. There is no such thing as free shipping. It's always buried in the price. $30 is an acceptable shipping price. Don't forget , if you order from the states you will pay huge duty costs. (About $20 on a 300pc set)

PM me what you are looking for & I'll give you my best price. Also, if you are coming to jimmi's next tourney or if you are going to CAPS I can give it to you in person.
  • I too recommend gamblerswholesale.com on eBay. Got a great price on a set of 600 11.5 dice style. Stole the auction at 16.50$USD, so after shipping to BC it was less than 65$cdn. Shipping was fast and I have not found a better price. As mentioned, the key is watching a ton of the auctions and jumping on one that is slipping thru the cracks like I did. Good luck and happy bidding. SteamBoat.
  • Gamblers Wholesale on Ebay deliberately charge high shipping prices because all their auctions are run as dutch auctions. Since they have so many items listed, chances are that their average end of auction price will be very low. As a result to cover cost, they charge a high shipping fee, also if you go and pick up the item, they charge you a processing fee (that is BS if you ask me). Processing fee for bringing the item from the back to the front, tough job.

Flint Bones-Gamblers wholesale most likely banned you from their auctions is because of the fact that you chose to pick up your product and as a result they didnt earn what was needed for the sale. You are a losing customer for them in the long run. Bad way of doing business if you ask me. If you are going to run a business, set your prices and live with the outcome.

For anyone that is looking for chips and accessories. Check out Woodman or Sloth and support your forum members.

Just my thought.
  • I figured I was cut off since they couldln't have made much off of me. I wanted to buy more chips but I guess I will go elsewhere. I just wanted to keep the chips I had a bit more uniformed.
  • The worst part about buying chips from the US is that you have to also pay duty when it crosses the broder. Find a good Canadian website and get from them, it'll cost a couple extra bucks, but the lack of grief may be worth it.
  • And the damn thing about duty costs is that they have this magic formula of calculating it. You see, they put all these different prices into a hat......
    then they pick "two" numbers from the hat....
    look at the two numbers and pick the higher one???

I had 6 cases shipped to me a month ago and paid $19.. cdn for the duty ???
    Just over $3.00/ case

I had 10 hats sent to me one time, must have been almost 3lbs and paid about the same price in duty??

If someone actually figures out how it really works??? Let me know.

If you are looking for multiple cases, it usually works out okay if you get the cases after the first one for half price shipping. Alot of places offer this.
  • I bought a cheap set from Gamblers Wholesale, but wouldn't recommend them. That processing fee is BS, but i managed to pick up a cheap 600 9 gram set for $30 (6$ Ebay auction plus $24 for the processing fee).
    Never answered my calls either.

But for the price, the set was decent enough. I do hear that pokerchipdepot is a better bet, they don't have the processing fee and will answer any questions promptly.
  • I find Gamblerswholesale is only really good for the 9gram chips. Cheapest you can get is about $55 dollars for a 600 set 11.5 gram set, but then the quality is pretty bad.. suited ones looked stressed like as if somebody stepped in the centre of the ship and it shows fracture lines. Dice chips the sides are all uneven and either chipped or very rough.

Cant beat the 500 piece 9 grams tho. Can be had for about $20-22 dollars picked up.

Pokerchipdepot allows pickup?