Did I mess this up badly/what's your play

60ish left in a 5r on betsson, bubble bursted at 82. No strong reads on villain other than that he like most betsson players probably isnt very competent and probably does not have the tightest of opening ranges here. I 3 bet A10o here smallishly (by my standards) and it felt really good exposing just 11k pre for a move that I felt still reps strength here,

I havn't done this much at all but I feel that I might get value pre from worse hands and also that better hands up to like AQ can often just check fold flops they miss. He ended up flatting and we saw a pretty good flop, so a few questions to start out with

1. Is it wrong to experiment like this deep in mtts?
2. Would you prefer a different sizing or a flat here?
3. Assuming villain checks to you on this flop with 30k in the pot, what would you fire? (it's not very likely that we're beat here)

***** History for hand T5-297550106-202 (TOURNAMENT: "$7,500 NL Holdem Rebuy", R-6795-10, buy-in: $5.50) *****
Start hand: Fri Dec 28 00:12:32 CET 2012
Table: Table #33 [297550106] (NO_LIMIT TEXAS_HOLDEM 1250/2500, ante: 250, Chips)
User: Richard_5
Button: seat 2
Players in round: 10 (10)
Seat 1: Skro82 (49998)
Seat 2: mauwetic (16330)
Seat 3: ch22dk (24413)
Seat 4: Spoony313 (24350)
Seat 5: Kardinalych (36130)
Seat 6: souvlos (49897)
Seat 7: x87cross (22700)
Seat 8: milliville (18918)
Seat 9: X Pallu X (89226)
Seat 10: Richard_5 (74830)
Richard_5 posts ante 250

ch22dk posts small blind (1250)
Spoony313 posts big blind (2500)
---
Dealing pocket cards
Dealing to Richard_5: [:ad, :10h]
Kardinalych folds
souvlos folds
x87cross folds
milliville folds
X Pallu X raises 5000 to 5000
Richard_5 raises 11000 to 11000
Skro82 folds
mauwetic folds
ch22dk folds
Spoony313 folds
X Pallu X calls 6000
--- Dealing flop [:4c, :8c, :10d]
X Pallu X checks
Richard_5 bets ??

Comments

• 1)I think plays like this in a 5r on ongame is fine, u can try funky stuff to see what works and what u are comfortable doing late-ish in mtts

2) as for the 3B I think it's fine based on read, however, since I think we are not really 3 betting for value, we need to go a bit bigger to induce a fold. Something like 13,750 but given ongame fish regulations, 11k might be fine lol. ATo doesn't exactly flop the best, even though I feel like we nutted the flop in this particular hand.

3) probably doesnt take much to get him to fold the flop, so many hands miss that board.. QTo, KJ, etc... A bet of like 9800 given his stack size would be ok maybe... Try and get him to float and peel one would be my thinking.
  • I dunno, what I felt preflop after 3betting was that exposing less chips felt pretty sweet, I was completely fine with 3bet folding since I just didn't see him exploiting it effectively.

And yeah, my reasoning on the flop was similar, try to get him to spew with worse since we werent that deep at the start of the hand so I put out 10k sharp, he called taking us both to the turn with about 1.1x pot and now it took a turn for the worse (no pun intended)

:kc from fucking nowhere :mad: followed by him donkshoving little more than a potsized bet
  • I experimented with larger 3bs awhile ago and I just think we lose to much money with bigger 3bs. The obv point of when we 3b/fold we lose more, but also from him folding more. You realize without even knowing our cards, bad players flatting our 3bs is money in our pockets. In position, every 3b is really for value because they will flat/fold so many flops. They just don't know how to play good enough to exploit us. As for flop bet. Sizing isn't really all that important here. Anywhere from 9k-13k can't be bad lol
  • thanks for the input. As for results I apparently convinced this guy I was playing AA Ak something something darkside cause when I convinced myself he wouldnt play a flushdraw this way and called he rolled over K4o which he felt comfortable enough to donkshove turn with :<

Edit: Overall I think preflop and flop action went godly in my favour. The trick comes when villains who's shown passivity springs to life out of nowhere
  • Agree 100% with betrthanphil on this one...

The 3bet is perfectly fine, and making it bigger will not change the outcome..

The flop obv hits us pretty hard but I standard cbet in spots like this is money in our pckets a ton of the time $$$$