Just so I understand

Does anyone here think really Howard Lederer's said fines and taking of property really enough??

I question a guy who may have gotten 40mill off the books, seems to be fined like 2 million and lose 3 properties and a car almost 2 full years later. I would like this to be my problem honestly! I would have just saved the rest!

Comments

• How much is enough ? They thought the money tree would never die and paid and loaned themselves way too much, thinking the money would never run out. Gross mismanagement, you bet, but that in and of itself is not a crime.

Businesses go under all the time, owing customers and suppliers money. As long as there is nothing illegal about what they were doing, no one goes to jail. In this case, the US made money transfers to and from off shore gaming sites illegal. Make no mistake, that is why he is paying fines, not because people lost money.

If it was about the customers getting their money back, the DOJ would have already given the money back.
  • Not that this has any $ value (well, not punitively but you know what I mean), but he's been socially ostracized by his entire former community as well. Deservedly so obviously.

See #6:
    The Top Ten Poker Stories of 2012 | Canada Poker | Canadian Poker News
  • If getting ostracized had value, fed would be a gazillionaire.
  • The easy way I look at it is other company leaders end up with jail time, but he is just going to be ok with a few fines hm.