Ebay sponsors

Anyone seen people selling their poker services on Ebay? People are actually asking others to sponsor them in the WSOP. I am thinking of doing it too, but my BS-o-meter is going off in my head.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=310&item=7136949065&rd=1

Thoughts?

Comments

• I might do this if:

1. I actually had something to advertise.

2. I was sure of the rules & regulations regarding advertising at this year's WSOP. (This sort of thing may not even be allowed.)

3. If the player was someone well known and someome I thought would likely get TV coverage (either through skill, or antics, or possibly both).

4. The BS-o-meter wasn't going off in my head.

50% of his winnings? Okay.

ScottyZ
  • My favourite part:

Shipping insurance
    US $1.30 Optional
  • didn't notice that, but it's great!
  • Well i'll be honest if i ran a company and wanted some great promotion. I would find literally the biggest person i could locate ... Like a 7'6" 400 pound giant. Buy him an entry. You know for sure that guy would get some great coverage ... and he has lots of real estate that can be used for advertising.
  • My favorite line...

I’m not bragging, but you are getting a player that is primed to win / place / and show at the 2005 event!

Wow. Combining 1st, 2nd and 3rd place money is going to be quite the payday!!!
  • Doesn't the first horse to cross the finish line in a race actually win, place, and show?

The unfortunate thing for the potential investor is that this guy seems primed and ready for a horse race rather than a poker tournament.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Doesn't the first horse to cross the finish line in a race actually win, place, and show?

The unfortunate thing for the potential investor is that this guy seems primed and ready for a horse race rather than a poker tournament.

ScottyZ

Does that mean after he wins the WSOP, we have to put him out to stud
  • Chugs wrote:
    Does that mean after he wins the WSOP, we have to put him out to stud

And does the investor get 50% of the winnings from that?

ScottyZ
  • Very funny Chugs - a series of midgets and giants would definately work. Not so much politically correct, but eye catching.

I think I might just offer my services to stud and skip the whole poker thing altogether.
  • Who is this guy? I mean really, if he gets sponsorship why shouldnt I? He says that he plays online poker... is that all? no tourney wins of importance or b&M wins or nothin. He even says that he expects to be interviewed..lol some ppl.
  • my ad would read:

Avid poster on several poker forums, I like to watch the game on TV and think that spending money on me would make you think you have a shot at some return.
  • i actually saw the same thing last year
    it didnt work out for that guy either
  • ScottyZ wrote:

2. I was sure of the rules & regulations regarding advertising at this year's WSOP. (This sort of thing may not even be allowed.)
    ??? :confused: ??? no advertising ???
  • ya, i believe that players have to "black out" and ads on their shirts or hats...usually with black tape...that covers most of the ad. so you see hats that say, "Full Ti" or "PokerSt"
  • Dan808 wrote:
    ya, i believe that players have to "black out" and ads on their shirts or hats...usually with black tape...that covers most of the ad. so you see hats that say, "Full Ti" or "PokerSt"
    hmmm i dont remember the black tape :confused:
  • call me cynical but heres my thoughts , he supposively plays alot of online poker but he hasnt been able to win his way there ... or at least win enough to cover his entry fee ... do u really think hes " primed " to win ?? hmm ... sounds like a solid investment to me.
  • Bre-ex looked good too...
  • Yorkpoker wrote:
    Bre-ex looked good too...
    LMFAO :D
  • Whats interesting is if you look at his ebay history, he sells all sorts of clothing online....skeeeetchy.

Check this out:

"Another advantage to your company is that ESPN likes new and exciting things; they will most likely consider me for a profile, where they spend some time with me asking me questions about my path to the WSOP. This profile is a 1 - 2 min slot shown during the actual event on ESPN. Your logo will be seen by millions, especially if I make the final table. "

Like advertising with a hat on is really a new and exciting thing. Whoo hoo!!! They will most likely consider me...HAHAHHAHA yeah probably buddy. Maybe the cops will if you get up on the table and start pissing on Hellmuth's UltimateBet.com hat. (Hey, he wears a K-Way, he'll stay dry).