Big blind no so special

Level 7 or so.
5 limpers a couple that have shown playing absolute rags
SB calls chip leader. Has used his chips effectively. Squeeze play shows 89s. Bets out pot sized with middle pair takes it down vs 4 players. All in pre flop takes it down shows AKo. All in on a draw makes flush. Etc.
Me BB 8h Th I have25 blinds

Flop 8s Tc Ks

Sb checks. I know someone will bet so I check. Mp bets. One caller. Sb goes all in. No way set. He raises pre with any pocket pair from any position. I decide I have to be ahead and he has to be on a draw. I hate calling off all my chips but seemed I could double up.

I call. All others fold. Sb shows K8. Drawing to 2 tens. No help. Anyway I get away from that? If I bet out on flop he goes all in and I still call.

Comments

• Jacen299 wrote: »
    Level 7 or so.
    5 limpers a couple that have shown playing absolute rags
    SB calls chip leader. Has used his chips effectively. Squeeze play shows 89s. Bets out pot sized with middle pair takes it down vs 4 players. All in pre flop takes it down shows AKo. All in on a draw makes flush. Etc.
    Me BB 8h Th I have25 blinds

Flop 8s Tc Ks

Sb checks. I know someone will bet so I check. Mp bets. One caller. Sb goes all in. No way set. He raises pre with any pocket pair from any position. I decide I have to be ahead and he has to be on a draw. I hate calling off all my chips but seemed I could double up.

I call. All others fold. Sb shows K8. Drawing to 2 tens. No help. Anyway I get away from that? If I bet out on flop he goes all in and I still call.

Can you re write this in english?
  • Lol. I'll try. Typing from iPad not my best work.
    Jacen299 wrote: »
    Level 7 or so.
    5 limpers call, a couple that have shown playing absolute rags
    SB calls and is chip leader. Has used his chips effectively.
    Squeeze play shows 89s.
    Bets out pot sized with middle pair takes it down vs 4 players. All in pre flop takes it down shows AKo.
    All in on a draw makes flush. Etc.

Im BB 8h Th I have 25 big blinds

Flop 8s Tc Ks

Sb checks. I know someone will bet so I check. Mp limper bets. One limper calls. Sb goes all in. No way he has a set. He raises pre with any pocket pair from any position. I decide I have to be ahead and he has to be on a draw. I hate calling off all my chips but seemed I could double up.

• In short both blinds flop 2 pair

Small blind has shown to be aggressive on draws. And there isn't a way to put him on a better hand.

So I don't think there was any way to get away from the hand for big blind with lesser 2 pair.
  • Given the number of draws out there and the fact that we only have 25bb, we are likely to go broke here everytime.

Unless villain has been a nut peddler all night and only shown down huge hands, we have no reason not to believe he couldn't have a big draw and we are a head.

The only reason to fold would be that there is another person in the hand who has shown interest and SB has shoved into that player. But even then, you'd have to have a great read on villain to consider folding.

IMO it is a cooler, not much more. Another one of those times we are bound to go broke with second best.
  • I had planned on doubling up thru the big stack SB,when the optimal situation came up. Before he flipped his cards I had stood up and put my coat on.
  • The only thing I struggled with after was the 25 bb factor. But I don't think it mattered.