Which do you prefer?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

For my first post on this forum, I'd like to discuss incentives that are offered by different games around the city. For example the game that I usually play at in North York has a very generous bad beat JP (usually around $10, 000) and they are now changing it from a pure Bad Beat to a mix of high hand every few hours and Bad Beat. What this means is that the Bad Beat won't run up as quickly but theres more opportunity to get a small piece of the JP with a high hand(usually quads). In your opinion which would you prefer a super bad beat or small high hand payout every few hours? Personally I like the mixed JP, since you don't have to hit the lottery to get some extra $$$.

Cheers,

J

Comments

• Neither. Both are only different kinds of rake, and totally unnecessary in the game imho. And you'll never convince me 100% of either high hand or bb jackpot gets paid out. Impossible for the average player to know for sure.

Want to treat players? Host a game with fair rake, no 'special' rake taken from the pot, and order pizza at midnight.
  • no bad beat and high hand is fine, if funds collected stay on the main table. Greg (Brampton) is the only person I have seen run an honest HH in my history of visiting 100+ clubs in the GTA. Most pay out $300-$400 a night, his is typically $1,500 a night.

Knowledgeable players know that bad beat is just an added rake that rarely gets paid out. Seem one bad beat live after playing 5+ years.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Neither. Both are only different kinds of rake, and totally unnecessary in the game imho. And you'll never convince me 100% of either high hand or bb jackpot gets paid out. Impossible for the average player to know for sure.

Want to treat players? Host a game with fair rake, no 'special' rake taken from the pot, and order pizza at midnight.

wait a minute. we get free pizza at your games?
  • trigs wrote: »
    wait a minute. we get free pizza at your games?

I don't charge rake...you get no pizza
  • But the winner does buy snacks . . . rake is bad enough, paying another rake is just being greedy, no matter what you might call it.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Neither. Both are only different kinds of rake, and totally unnecessary in the game imho. And you'll never convince me 100% of either high hand or bb jackpot gets paid out. Impossible for the average player to know for sure.

Had the BB Jackpot for quite some time there. I saw it payout with a Royal Flush vs top SF !!!! The odds of that happening was in the billions but it actually did and no it wasn't a set up! As far as these JPs being extra rake, the rake is extremely low at this place to begin with (I think max is under $7) and the HH payout is juicy. I would imagine these guys make enough $$$ not to care about stealing a few pennies/hand which is what it would work out to if they were being dishonest with that extra dollar for JP.

Oh and they always have pizza
  • So are you a house player for this game?