is anyone willing to help me out?

i know that i still need to learn a lot about playing and multi-tabling MTTs. i literally have zero friends who play and take it seriously.

i am wondering if there are any successful MTT multi-tablers (in ontario) that are willing to help me learn the game more. i would love to be able to come watch you play a session and just pick your brain as you play. depending on specifics, i may be willing to compensate you for your time (no sexual favours, sorry).

i don't expect you to create official lessons or anything like that. i literally just want to watch your play and ask you why you did this and why you didn't do that sort of thing. i feel like i'd be able to learn a lot from an experienced player in this manner from just hearing their specific thought process.

thanks.

Comments

• Ask ur buddy GTA

u guys can hold hands and everything
  • costanza wrote: »
    Ask ur buddy GTA

I agree, he plays some pretty big stakes.. and plays pretty regularily despite having a full time career. Good suggestion costanza..

Seriously tho trigs, two things I can say make it easier (not that I have had any success lately) are be the aggressor and try to play in position.
    Specific hands are probably best discussed by posting them here. Include relative stack sizes, position at the table and where you are in the tournament.
    Ask ur buddy GTA

u guys can hold hands and everything

he's not in ontario.
    he's primarily a live cash game player.

granted, i'm sure he could teach me a lot though.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Seriously tho trigs, two things I can say make it easier (not that I have had any success lately) are be the aggressor and try to play in position.
    Specific hands are probably best discussed by posting them here. Include relative stack sizes, position at the table and where you are in the tournament.

i do focus on position and aggression so i don't think that's a big issue. i'm probably too tight in general though if i had to guess.

as far as posting hands, i do post some that i have had issues with, but honestly i think part of my problem is that i'm not thinking through the hands properly. therefore, as a result, i think i'm playing hands properly in which i'm not. if i could sit down and see how a successful player plays even just for a little while, i think it would help me notice what i should be working on. right now, i don't know what i need to work on. that's the problem.
  • i guess i'm just SOL since there are no pros in ontario to help me out. i could use a good lesson on couch moving and getting drunk. >:D
  • Hey Trigs

Do you have skype? There's a way to watch the other person's screen while chatting with them that could be an option to save travelling and what not. Saying that, where are you located again?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hey Trigs

Do you have skype? There's a way to watch the other person's screen while chatting with them that could be an option to save travelling and what not. Saying that, where are you located again?

Mark

i actually didn't even consider that. i don't have skype but i'm assuming it's a simple download. that could definitely work as well.

i'm in hamilton but i'd be willing to travel a bit to meet up with someone.
  • Meh, go Skype

As I said, with a webcam / mic you can chat and there's a setting to "Show my desktop" or what have you.

Mark
    Meh, go Skype

As I said, with a webcam / mic you can chat and there's a setting to "Show my desktop" or what have you.

Mark

definitely a possibility if someone is willing.
  • There are MTT players here that will skype with you, just ask the ones that you are interested in to hook up with you. I think BetRThanPhil has in the past, a few others too. Send them a PM and see where it goes.

I'd offer, but two things hold me back
    1 - I play mostly low limit cash games online, but still multi table
    2 - I'm not very good :-\

Check out the OMG I made Another Final Table thread and just send the players who always seem to make to FT to let you watch sometime.

There WAS a time not too long ago some of us were considering setting up sweat sessions. Whatever happened to that??
    Meh, go Skype

Mark

This is a solid idea. Mark is even a decent tournament player too. He could help you out.
  • i may send out some PMs if no one offers. i don't like putting people on the spot like that though as i'd feel bad saying no to someone asking me for help. and obviously not everyone would be willing to do this.
  • I can't speak for others but for me its tough. Since FT came back were all multi-tabling like crazy. After an hour I had 17 tables up on a laptop, and was just click crazy. The other guys that I normally talk to were in the same boat.

There are tons of training videos with multi tabling, check out tournamentpokeredge, and I believe forboon coaches 180s for a fee.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I can't speak for others but for me its tough. Since FT came back were all multi-tabling like crazy. After an hour I had 17 tables up on a laptop, and was just click crazy. The other guys that I normally talk to were in the same boat.

sorry, but i don't understand what you mean. it's tough because there are just so many MTTs available to play right now?

i'd honestly be happy if i could be comfortable playing 8-10 tournaments at a time.
    There are tons of training videos with multi tabling, check out tournamentpokeredge, and I believe forboon coaches 180s for a fee.

i've considered training videos but i really want to be able to speak to someone about ideas and not just listen to a lesson. i feel like i need to have a better understanding in a general sense before i start focusing on specifics which videos usually cover.

is it just 180 turbos though?
  • I believe Actyper is saying it would be tough to skype/teach/talk/help you out if he's 17 tabling and trying to make himself some $'s.
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    I believe Actyper is saying it would be tough to skype/teach/talk/help you out if he's 17 tabling and trying to make himself some $'s.

ah okay. yeah i get that.
  • can i get in on this too? my game needs some serious improvement. i seem to bubble all the time
  • somejuan bump the vekked seminar thread lol
    somejuan bump the vekked seminar thread lol

Was just thinking that too before I saw your post,lol

Is he even still alive and playing?:)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Was just thinking that too before I saw your post,lol

Is he even still alive and playing?:)

he's been to busy becoming a celebrity

CBC Music
    somejuan bump the vekked seminar thread lol

i completely forgot about that thread. did those seminars ever run?
  • SmithPoker wrote: »
    I'm still willing to give (any of) you a free private any time. I'm confident you will come out of it quite happy and surprised.

yeah, sorry darb. rea[FONT=&quot]l[/FONT][FONT=&quot]ly had no time at a[/FONT][FONT=&quot]l[/FONT][FONT=&quot]l this summer. and now i'm back at work so who knows when i'[/FONT][FONT=&quot]l[/FONT][FONT=&quot]l be ab[/FONT][FONT=&quot]le to p[/FONT][FONT=&quot]lay again.[/FONT]
  • is there a hiltler avatar on the new ftp? i haven't had a chance to scroll through all of them yet
  • SmithPoker wrote: »
    I'm still willing to give (any of) you a free private any time. I'm confident you will come out of it quite happy and surprised.

Free Private WHAT?

Maybe is xxCindyxx. :D