$1 MILLION guaranteed on Pacific

Wanted to let those who aren't currently playing on pacific, know about a huge tourney they're running. They have a guaranteed prize pool of $1,000,000 on March 26. I know that you get a 500,000 almost weekly on stars, but considering pacific has competition that's not as shall we say ... firm, it may be a good spot for anyone interested in trying a big buy-in event.

Pacific has sats running at $2, 10, 20, 40 etc..u. so people should be able to qualify. when i get a chance i'm planning on trying to qualify on the site, for that tourney.

i wish everyone the best of luck on second ... cause i'm planning on first :D ... which will be a great birthday present a day early.

if anyone doesn't have an account pm your e-mail i can send you a referal.

Comments

• What's the buy-in? Also is it a rebuy or freezeout?
  • $400 + $40 freezout.

I haven't had time to win a qualifier yet, but i think based on most people's experience with pacific, the overlay of bad players is just huge
  • The +$40 is actually somewhat higher than usual. Generally the juice online starts dipping below 10% at buy-ins around $100 or $200.

This means they need to rustle up more than 2,272 players to not lose money on this one (via the guarantee). Does Pacific typically run large buy-in (or any) tournaments of around this size?

ScottyZ
  • No. Not as far as I can recall. They have had tourneys in the 350k range but I think they are trying to compete with Stars for fresh fish.
  • Scotty i actually think they will have trouble filling it up. Which may create a bit of an overlay.

to be honest to get a chance at a million prize pool with the typical pacific players is likely going to get some decent players from all around to deposit to get into this tourney.

Also with what will be a huge quanitity of qualifiers, i think that the beginning will really be bingo bongo heavy.