Options

live 1/2

limped pot, 57o on the puck

flop came 5,7,8 2 clubs

guy in blinds (sort of new to table, plunked down 100$ and wanted to gamble) rips for 60 bucks or whatever he had left lol, guy in mp flatted and I ripped for about 155 more and he reluctantly called

to start this thread I just want to kind of go over ranges first

what sort of hands is guy in blinds jamming there, and what do u guys think he's getting flatted with?

Comments

• guy in blinds likely has a flush draw or a 6 (trying to take down the pot with likely outs); MP could have small overpair (99/1010) or maybe 66, other two pair (since he was reluctant to call your push, don't put him on set). Is MP kind of player to not raise pre-flop with a big pair?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    guy in blinds likely has a flush draw or a 6 (trying to take down the pot with likely outs); MP could have small overpair (99/1010) or maybe 66, other two pair (since he was reluctant to call your push, don't put him on set). Is MP kind of player to not raise pre-flop with a big pair?

You actually think MP is limping with a small overpair? Most likely sb has flopped 2 pair and MP is open ended or has a flush draw. The blind is definitely scared of getting out drawn on a draw heavy flop and MP reluctantly calls screams "pot committed" and has some sort of draw.

I don't think you're good here with 57 personally. Especially with MP flatting SB shove (MP not showing strength but basically looking for 8 outs and SB already showing huge interest)
  • Wow thread still open?
  • Hint - blind there to gamble so do not put him on made hand. just aggressive donk. limited info but hard for mp to call bet and raise with a draw, especially if Constanza is all in.
  • Its actually easier for MP to call an all in with a draw, he gets to see 2 more card and not put anymore cash in. Its a lot different calling an all in with only 1 card to come.
  • Thanx for the insight guys.

The "loose cannon" actually flopped the nut straight... the guy in MP had T8o , and called my shove...

He rivered a T , so I lost main and side pot :(
  • Fold pre.

If you are going to play 57o/s, and the table is otherwise playing fairly tight, raise to $18 to see if you can thin the field....but even then, none of the players are deep enough for this to be a +ev spot. Hell, we only have 80bb, so we aren't even deep enough to make this a +ev spot over time.

I would need decent reads on villains and stack sizes before I started limping this wide.

On the flop you essentially hit gin, but are still behind any set, 78 and 69 and there are a ton of draws. Villains range here consists of:

96s, 96os, 87, 57, 86, AXcc, 910os, 910cc, 55, 88, 77, 66 (if really aggro), 6Xcc etc etc.

The range of hands the aggro gambler villain can have here is really wide. I think you pretty much have to snap it off and hope you hold, but I am not liking it that often as we likely have to fade 1/2 the deck.