Not sure where to put this, but excited!

Since PFC members and Friends TalonChick, Steve Kerr, Xuan Liu, SirWatts and a few others have been past guests, figure some of you might already be familiar with PokerEH! On the QuadJacks Network...

Well, I'll be taking over as host and the first show of Season 2 is going up tomorrow. Big shoes to fill, but practice makes perfect they say!

We kick off with Stuart Hoegner of GamingCouncil.co to talk about the direction online poker is taking in Canada and there is a ton of great info on topic for inquiring minds, especially those that like the political and business side of it all. We also talk Khanawake and whether or not it could be duplicated in other parts of the country.

Hope some of you tune in and it will be on ITunes, official announcement from QJ:

Derby Jackpot is not the only thing that's new on QuadJacks this week. Remember when I told you that we would be introducing a new show later this month? It might be ready to debut as early as this Tuesday. Eric Danis, formerly of Poker EH! and the man behind Poker Tournament Player Rankings, will become the voice of QuadJacks' The Pulse. This will be a show focusing exclusively on the live poker tournament scene worldwide, and with Danis's expertise in observing and collecting such data, we could not ask for a better host! The inaugural episode's guest is scheduled to be Jason Somerville, who will tell us about his experience coaching, and documenting, October Niner Russell Thomas.
You will notice that I said "formerly of Poker EH!" That is because, the new Poker EH!, which is also relaunching this week, will no longer feature Danis as host, but rather frequent contributor Jon Harnish. Didn't expect that, did you! Yes, our Canadian-themed show Poker EH! also makes a return this week, and the first guest will be Canadian gaming attorney Stuart Hoegner, better known as @GamingCounsel on Twitter.
The gradual restoration of our podcast legacy is proceeding very well so far. Last week, we rebooted The Mental Game with Jared Tendler.*Ryan Eriquezzo was our first guest, and it was an absolutely amazing show. This week, Jared talks to renowned poker playing intellectual Olivier Busquet, and that one is also pretty much guaranteed to be a hit, if you ask me.
Finally, I would like to update you on a very important development that concerns the future of our industry. On Friday, October 19, the full text of the current draft of the online poker bill by Senators Harry Reid and Jon Kyl was leaked and uploaded on QuadJacks. You can view this bill in full here, but be aware that it is 73 pages long. Therefore, guest contributor Chris Grove*(from the Online Poker Report) did us all a great favor by breaking the bill's most important points down in a very comprehensible manner. This was not the only special contribution Grove made. He also wrote a very scathing review of PokerStars' abrupt decision not to indemnify Full Tilt Poker's old affiliates. I really admire Chris's work, and I could not be more honored to have him be writing for QuadJacks from time to time.

Comments

• Gratz . . . nice to see hard work rewarded.
  • Congrats Jon!
  • Congrats!!!
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Congrats!!!
    When's my guest appearance?
  • T8urmoney wrote: »

When there is a guest host. :)
  • holy fuck jonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!

congrats man!!!

so happy for u, i know from previous talks how knowledgeable u are, and how resourceful and well connected u are, I literally cant think of anyone better for this

cheers bud!
  • Really happy that Jon is our new host, this guy knows Poker in Canada!

Just got done with the podcast and it should be posted on the site tomorrow. This interview he did with Stuart Hoegner aka @GamingCounsel is a must listen for all Canadian Poker players, so much insight to whats going on in the world of online gaming in Canada.

Looking forward to providing a podcast for all the Canadians, heck I am one too EH!

Zekday0
  • T8urmoney wrote: »

I'm thinking right when you get back from Prauge?

Your overdue for your big Bink, I'll be calling you up someday I'm sure
  • Well done and big congrats from me too :-)
  • right on
  • Thanks all! I started a thread in "Online Poker" here: http://www.pokerforum.ca/f8/online-poker-canada-questions-answered-gaming-counsils-stu-hoegner-29445/
    with the first show and our online legal expert around the 20 minute mark. A short written recap of the entire show can be found on the link, as well as RSS and ITune subscription links.

The intro is pretty light as Eric passes the proverbial torch over to myself and we talk about a the big happenings by our players over the summer and fall; including SirWatts and his High Roller Shippage! From there, the real "meat" is our special guest.

For those who may listen, I would really appreciate any feedback and future questions you might ask Stu.

Going forward, we will of course be inviting on both established pros and rising stars and I am very excited to talk to a player this week that I've had many a correspondence with but never actually had a real time conversation with. He tied a previous all time record for cashes at the WSOP this summer and punches people in the face professionally when he's not grinding, so should make for an interesting chat...

Thanks all for the support!
  • well done mate, will be looking forward to seeing these!
  • Congrats and well done! I will listen to the show this weekend.
  • That's so frakken awesome Jon! Congrats!
  • Congrats Jon!
  • Nice to see all the comments about the show, this is why we do it. Have a listen to this weeks show, then check out our up-coming show and give us some feedback, we intend to change things up a bit and we think you will like it.

@Zekday0
  • Changed thing up for this show, WAY faster paced, half the time but double the info. Live Tournament results (including who won Brantford), what's coming up, online scores (a couple recent by xx23 & btp in the podcast) and special guest Terrence Chan hot off a 57k week:
    QuadJacks | Poker EH! with host Jon Harnish and special guest Terrence Chan

LMK what you guys think of new format
  • Congrats on the show.
  • Would love to know what Canucks think about the new format, trying to get as much info out there.
  • wayyyyyyyyyyy better show, just listened now

shorter, more direct... cleaner, smooth are words that come to mind. so much more enjoyable for the listener

enjoyed the super quick recap of all recent scores on our scene and i really really liked T Chan as a guest obviously , he's so sick

well don Jon, u sound great.
  • Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated! Goal will be to stay around 30 minutes, 10 for the fast facts at beginning, 20 or any extra for guest.
  • costanza wrote: »
    shorter, more direct... cleaner, smooth are words that come to mind. so much more enjoyable for the listener

well don Jon, u sound great.

Ya I told Jon to have a few redbulls before the recording, and he gave me this!
  • It's just so much better (and a lot more fun) to do these with two people and easier to talk. If anyone is interested in co-hosting, like a cookie eating wrestling commentator for instance, let's put you in touch with the producer (Zekday here on the forum)!

It's once a week, we try to record Sundays and virtually no Canadian player is off limits or out of reach.

Please post or PM if your interested.
  • At some point we should get our owner Scoops on the air... PFC forever!
  • That could be fun! I already put the two in touch
  • jontm wrote: »
    That could be fun! I already put the two in touch
    I can carry his luggage... ^-^
  • jontm wrote: »
    It's just so much better (and a lot more fun) to do these with two people and easier to talk. If anyone is interested in co-hosting, like a cookie eating wrestling commentator for instance, let's put you in touch with the producer (Zekday here on the forum)!

It's once a week, we try to record Sundays and virtually no Canadian player is off limits or out of reach.

Please post or PM if your interested.

Hey Jon, I hosted my own golf show on AM900 CHML for three years and would love to do something with poker. You'll have to let me know about logistics and any equipment I might need.
  • im interested as well. . .

quadjacks is my shit
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Hey Jon, I hosted my own golf show on AM900 CHML for three years and would love to do something with poker. You'll have to let me know about logistics and any equipment I might need.

Hmmmm I am from Hamilton area and know AM900 well! Very cool stuff. All you need is a half decent mic/headset combo and Skype :) oh and a decent internet connection. Now I must say that Jon is able to it with non of the above :o
    costanza wrote: »
    im interested as well. . .

quadjacks is my shit

Sounds interesting!