push on turn standard?

about 30 left in a $5.50 1000 max MTT (w/ top 108 ITM). BB has a big stack and has been playing a lot of hands opening a lot of pots and also calling a lot preflop. he's definitely been pretty laggy. i've been pretty tight.

please rate my turn play. should i be shipping here? what kind of range could i be putting BB on after he calls the flop? standard push here and i'm just over thinking it? thanks.

PokerStars - $5+$0.50|1250/2500 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 7 players
BB: 221,649.00
UTG: 100,874.00
UTG+1: 86,700.00
Hero (MP): 55,121.00
CO: 23,102.00
BTN: 61,522.00
SB: 32,872.00
BB posts ante 310.00, UTG posts ante 310.00, UTG+1 posts ante 310.00, Hero posts ante 310.00, CO posts ante 310.00, BTN posts ante 310.00, SB posts ante 310.00, SB posts SB 1,250.00, BB posts BB 2,500.00
Pre Flop: (5920.00) Hero has Ad Qd
fold, fold, Hero raises to 5,000.00, fold, BTN calls 5,000.00, fold, BB calls 2,500.00
Flop: (18420.00, 3 players) Qh Qc 7c
BB checks, Hero bets 7,999.00, fold, BB calls 7,999.00
Turn: (34418.00, 2 players) 5c
BB checks, Hero bets 41,812.00 and is all-in

Comments

• If I am doing the math correctly, there is roughly $34k in the pot and on the turn, you make a more than pot sized bet. You flopped a monster and want to get paid, not push people out of the hand. the flop bet was good and disguises your hand.

What is villains calling range on the flop ? A Queen, seven, flush draw, any pocket pair, and some Ax hands. After the 3rd club hits, what hands are going to call your all in ? Nothing that doesn't beat you already.

I would try and get more value from villain and bet $14k-$18k. If he already has the flush, he's never folding. He's not getting the right odds to chase the flush on the river. And if he re-raises you, you are never folding this hand and you have outs.

You are trying to figure out a way to get doubled up after that flop.
  • yeah the more i thought about this last night the more i hated the turn push. better hands than mine aren't folding and worse hands than mine i'm just forcing out where i could have gained some more value. also, the more i thought about it the more i think i like a check on the turn here.

from my read on the villain, i can't see him check calling with any Q or even a 7. with a Q i think he's either betting out or check/raising. with a 7 i think he's betting out as well. also, with any pair i think he's betting our or check/raising. i really think that the only hand he's check/calling with is a flush draw here. in the slight chance he's slow playing with a Q i don't think a check back on the turn is losing out too much value as long as a 4 club doesn't hit the river.
  • I think at that stage you play it like its the absolute nuts that can't be beat on river. Figure the best way to get his chips in the pot. Half pot bet on turn IMO.
  • Lmao no, not standard haha

value sir , tryvand get it
  • umm...what is fed posting in my thread? i'm assuming there's an insult in there against me somehow. and i'm sure it's also full of helpful comments for me.
  • trigs wrote: »
    umm...what is fed posting in my thread? i'm assuming there's an insult in there against me somehow. and i'm sure it's also full of helpful comments for me.

Fk u Trigs.
  • Fk u Trigs.

lol figures.