Affiliates getting shaffted in FPT deal

Lots of players are now almost ready to get their funds back, but the Stars deal hasn't (and looks like it won't) square everything...affiliates will likely take the shaft.

It's funny to see that the first comment on this article is a "but it doesn't mean anything to my balance so who cares" type response...yet the same player likely turned to affiliate driven news sites and forums so as not to be kept in dark until the PRs finally went to players email 18 months later.

When full tilt didn't pay, a ton of companies took a massive hit, some more used it as a cop out not to pay their own bills but as the saying goes, can't take blood from a rock. On paper, FTP going under cost me about $1,200 that I've literally written off, but in this industry you almost expect not to see half of what you think you will collect.

It's not just the poker content sites though that will get shaft, good read no matter what side of felt your sitting:

QuadJacks | Its problem! PokerStars announces it will not pay Full Tilt Poker affiliates.

Comments

• Has Poker*s commented on or defined "player activity"? How do we know that affiliate paid earnings aren't included in the "player activity"? I would suggest that they will likely pay anything in players current balances, but not be subject to owed or upcoming affiliate payments....

As per that article, it seems impossible that they could determine what % of a players balance is indeed, player activity.

Would be interested in the stars definition and response..
  • They still have transaction histories, so not hard to distinguish at all. The article also suggests that by the same logic, player to player transfers may not be returned.
  • jontm wrote: »
    They still have transaction histories, so not hard to distinguish at all. The article also suggests that by the same logic, player to player transfers may not be returned.

But there are comings and goings of funds all the time, how far would they go back with affiliate payments? 10 days? 30 days? a year? hell, lots of people would have zero balance were this the case...doesn't seem logical.

The article is based on one paragraph in a release statement and defined by the writer...

Again, has Stars defined "player activity"? It seems that this may be just getting blown way out of proportion before getting all the details?
  • They would go back as far as they need to claw back millions; wouldn't you?
    What is it going to cost them to sort data and have auditors look through transaction histories of big accounts? Not near what they will gain. Let's just look at Ivey as an easy theoretical example...how much might he have in his account now? Or Durrr? How much was won playing and how much was an affiliate paycheck?

Those are a few well known names, but FTP had a full stable in the roster. This is not the last we hear of this I am guessing.
  • To much to say, will post when on laptop
  • Tease...