I absolutely positively MUST win a MTT ... where should i go?

I'm currently on a mini challenge and i'm running into walls continously. I play relatively tight style, and right now i just can't buy a money finish for the life of me in any MTT on stars.

Any recommendations on other sites to try, i must money in a MTT soon or i'll go crazy. Also i'm aware that dry spells happen but i don't care.

Comments

• PLay TP, smaller fields, you will win/money more regularly

sry truepoker
  • Pacific is crazy loose. Some people don't like their software, but I think it's not bad for playing. It's missing some of the features of some of the other sites, but easier on the eyes than most.

Just my two cents worth...
  • Paul3221 wrote:
    Pacific is crazy loose. Some people don't like their software, but I think it's not bad for playing. It's missing some of the features of some of the other sites, but easier on the eyes than most.

Just my two cents worth...

I agree. I'm up $170 on rings and finished in the money 2 of 2 times in MTT's. Really loose play. Send me an email and I'll refer you for a $25 bonus. zorank@m42.ca
    Oh BTW, they credit your account with bonuses right away. First time bonus is %25 up to $100. for $400 you can get $100 free right away. Plus another $25 for the referal.

Red
  • I have been playing MTTs on pokerroom and have had some success recently.
  • i find i have the most success with MTT on either UB or the gaming club
  • Any recommendations on other sites to try, i must money in a MTT soon or i'll go crazy.

More interesting is the idea that in order to satisfy your arbitrary deadline to enter the CPT you are willing to sacrifice playing more tournaments against good opponents that will actually test your skills (Pstars) to playing against the idiots at pacific for little to no skill gain.

Make the money at pacific? YAWN. Make the money at stars? Nice!
  • Another good point by BBC, made in the classic BBC tradition of 'the end (the point) justifies the means (the way he puts it)'.

It is true that constantly testing yourself against some of the regulars at Stars will challenge you. And it can frustrate you. And, it isn't the best way to make money, even if you do happen to be one of the best players on the site (after all, you will find yourself playing against the best players on the site...)

So I guess the question is, are you looking to make some cash to play in the CPT, or are you looking to improve your skills (I'm not implying that you are an unskilled player here... far from it). The answer is probably 'both' but sadly, it ain't that easy.

Reminds me of a quote I read in some book somewhere, I believe it went something like this: "Eric Drache is the world's 8th-best stud player. His problem is that he only plays against the other 7."
  • BTW, if you kick my ass and the asses of 8 others at my home tourney tomorrow night you'll meet your goal and then some in a scant 4 or 5 hours. Good luck to you, hope we end up heads-up.
  • BBC I actually agree with you, my goal is to improve my skill level more than just the money. The problem is you would like to see some results also to show for your improvements. So trying out some of that skill against slightly easier competiton on Pacific for example may help to gauge if i'm playing better.

I'll say this since i've started this little project if already seen and can pinpoint jumps in my skill level when it comes to SNG. The problem is since MTT are so much more variable, how do i determine my success except for on a cash basis.

In a more general sense i need a little positive reinforcement, and maybe getting a win or final table would help me in that sense.
  • I'll say this since i've started this little project if already seen and can pinpoint jumps in my skill level when it comes to SNG. The problem is since MTT are so much more variable, how do i determine my success except for on a cash basis.

Look at HOW you busted out and the chain of events that led you there.. Did you take a coinflip too early? late? Overplay something? Miss bets? Get married to AK? Ignore your opponents betting habits? Sucked out on?

What about popping all the tourney hands into pokertracker and watching your play given that you now see your opponents hands on every street? Thats gotta help..

Considering how high the variance is in tournaments, it's probably the only way to gauge your play..