Trails and Tribulations of Funding An Online Poker Account

As was apparent it my recent experience of trying to make a player to player to player transfer (for the record, not allowed), it's best to have a few options to move money around online.

I used to use Neteller a ton, been using UKash or reloadable debit style MasterCard, will be picking up a Visa with better fees tomorrow.

Ironically enough, been researching some options with the help of Sick Cards, put this together:

Trials and Tribulations of Funding an Online Poker Account | Canada Poker | Canadian Poker News

I actually enjoyed this as learned a bit; what would you guys and girls add for players looking to try out different options, or just getting into the game?

Any pros or cons missed that you think are important?

I'll throw up poll too, just to see what is most popular today. Call it research.

Comments

• In Canada it was easy -- instadebit or echeck...what's the issue?
  • No issue, just curious to what is most popular and why. I prefer electronic transfer and one day gonna have to have my lazy ass set up again (or Skrill) with Neteller out of NA.

Plus, this isn't a bad topic for newer players or recs like me...even you started somewhere.
  • Oh ok just thought maybe things changed. Down here it's a huge pain to get anything online and worse to get it out.
  • Pretty sure Hobbes and I are the only ones who use skrill on here. Not sure why, makes moving around funds so much easier.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Pretty sure Hobbes and I are the only ones who use skrill on here. Not sure why, makes moving around funds so much easier.

Nope, I use Skrill, (Moneybookers) as well. Have ever since NetTeller went the way of the dodo bird. You are right, easiest way of moving money from site to site..
  • Yup moneybookers and echecks mainly.

Jon, you will want to read the fine print on the Visa card as even the reloadable ones might not work. A friend owed me some $ and sent me the # of his reloadable visa and it would not work.
  • i'm on skrill/moneybookers. easiest imo.
  • I also use Skrill, mainly to take advantage of PartyPoker's old deposit bonuses even though I didn't need to deposit. The only time I have used it lately is to pay the authors of poker books directly.
    actyper wrote: »
    Pretty sure Hobbes and I are the only ones who use skrill on here.